January 2013 transfers

sammynb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reasonably pleased with this transfer window. Only Ba leaving plus bodies through the door. Sissoko already looking an astute purchase. Goufran impressive on debut. Mbia and Debuchy highly rated. Would have been good to see another top striker signed but hopefully it's enough to keep us up.

Not quite Odemwingie, but am told Danny Simpson's move to Wigan was all but done last night - he'd packed bags, travelled to the DW...

but then, at 22.45 Newcastle Utd upped their price, the deal collapsed, so he's had to return north, to sit out last 6 months of contract

Not quite Odemwingie, but am told Danny Simpson's move to Wigan was all but done last night - he'd packed bags, travelled to the DW...

but then, at 22.45 Newcastle Utd upped their price, the deal collapsed, so he's had to return north, to sit out last 6 months of contract

Ooooooffffff, painful.

Ashley wouldn't miss a chance to mess up a deal for Dave Whelan

Appalled at this. This deal would've guaranteed Wigan finished below us

"New song by Odemwingie 'Sign Me Maybe'...'Hey, I just drove here. And this is crazy. I'm in your car park. So sign me maybe' hahaha class!" Saw this on bbc last night :lol: made a right mug of himself, been told to take the week off from training now.

Odemwingie :lol: What an arsehole!

I don't see anything unusual with it, the guy (or boy as Harry would call him lol) is 31 and just want to make the best (financially) out his career before he retires. Meeting up in London the last hours of a transfer window, just to be ready to sign a contract in case West Brom would want sell him where an exchange deal/loan deal with Hoilett was rumoured is not a unusual thing to do. He didn't break any rules other than being in London in his car (that surely must be allowed?). The media attention however is where the problem lies, and probably why he gets disciplined aswell.

Edited by Aeris

Odemwingie's been made to look like a right arsehole by Harry Redknapp - who's the real arsehole in this debacle. No doubt he'll have his arse back on the pundits sofa when QPR get relegated and go bust like Pompey....

Odemwingie's been made to look like a right arsehole by Harry Redknapp - who's the real arsehole in this debacle. No doubt he'll have his arse back on the pundits sofa when QPR get relegated and go bust like Pompey....

'arry doesn't have anything to do with the transfers though, he said he "felt sorry for the boy" :P

Striker in the summer then.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2013/02/01/pardew-newcastle-will-look-for-striker-in-summer-72703-32725083/

ALAN PARDEW says Newcastle will turn their attention to a new striker in the summer transfer window.

The Magpies have already moved on to a new phase of development after signing six new players in the January window.

Young defender Kevin Mbabu completed what proved to be a successful trading period in terms of bolstering United’s squad.

Newcastle did try to sign Loic Remy in the window before the player signed for QPR.

But they were never interested in Geordie and Newcastle fanatic Danny Graham, who made a deadline-day move to Sunderland for a fee of £5m.

United have signed striker-cum-winger Yoan Gouffran, but when asked how disappointed he was not to get another goal-getter, Pardew told the Chronicle: “When we lost out on Remy it was pretty evident we weren’t going to get a big striker.

“They are pretty difficult to get over the line.

“You look around and nobody apart from Remy has really moved – maybe Danny Graham, but I don’t think he’s in that level.

“I think that’s something we will look at in the summer.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2013/02/01/pardew-newcastle-will-look-for-striker-in-summer-72703-32725083/#ixzz2JgtXkzU9

Don't think Gouffran was ever intended as an alternative to Remy/replacement for Ba. Has been acknowledged now that Ba, our leading goal scorer wasn't replaced in the window. No plan B to Remy. Disappointing but not entirely unsuspected.

The strengthening elsewhere has been excellent, streets ahead of what I'd imagined and they're obviously confident that it will be enough to stave off relegation. Hope they're right.