Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United

Aeris

You'd hope a bit of strength in depth/stability would help all the lads who've been struggling.

Question - Are we stronger now than before the January window?

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bale.

What's the answer to that? He's basically a striker these days - same manner as Messi/Ronaldo coming in from the wing.

Ferguson - if we play him as part of a three with Gouffarn & Gouffren to get balls in the box & drop Debuchy who is shit

Bale.

What's the answer to that? He's basically a striker these days - same manner as Messi/Ronaldo coming in from the wing.

Saw bits of the Spurs game and he was playing as a winger. If Defoe is out and Ade is still ACNWOL then he'll be more central. Time for Mbiwa's baptism of fire.

In the event of him returning ready to play ;)

Anyway I like Perch, good to win the ball/break up the play,

I actually meant I've premature ejaced over the thought! I'd put tiote back in, raring to go with two class players by his side, probably for the for the first time in a long time. I think he's tried to do too much this season, get back to basics and he'll be the midfield destroyer once more.

Yanga-Mbwia can start now the pressure is off, i dont think it would have been fair on him to throw him in at the deep end. I dont know the lad's game that well but i was discussing him with a mate last night in the pub and he said he's a bit 'nerveux', not in the literal 'nervous' sense more like a bit of a jittery character. I presume going off how he comes across in interviews.

Tiote has been poor at times this season but he's had a lot of games without Cabaye next to him. When he plays with Cabaye, his game is simple as he can focus on defensive duties and breaking up play. Him and Cabaye have hardly played together this season and he's been next to Anita, Jonas etc who were also struggling.

Yup - right about MYM.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4774733/Mapou-Yanga-Mbiwa-in-Zinedine-Zidanes-class-but-only-because-they-shared-a-school-seat.html

While he is known for having a bit of a temper, he is nevertheless incredibly shy.

This was a big obstacle when he first met up with the national squad.

He added: “To be honest it’s not easy. For a start because I’m a reserved person, who makes contact with others little by little.

“So I try and train hard, to listen to everyone, to take all the advice on board so that I settle in quicker.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4774733/Mapou-Yanga-Mbiwa-in-Zinedine-Zidanes-class-but-only-because-they-shared-a-school-seat.html#ixzz2JrrWY8LH

First away game of the season that I'm going too. Hoping for a good performance and a result, but not expecting much if I'm honest. Wouldnt mind seeing Tiote back for Perch as he'll keep things alot simpler than what he was doing at the begiining of the season playing in a 3 man midfield, but I'm not sure how willing Pardew will be to change a winning formula.

'lo all! :thumbsup:

Pretty spectacular match from your lads yesterday, was very impressed.

Despite a decent unbeaten league run, apart from the 2nd half against Man United (where we battered them) we've actually stumbled through a lot of games not playing all that well.

A bit of magic here and there from Bale has pulled us through the last two matches.

Going on your performance yesterday (and I can only really go by that given the influx of new players) and our relatively poor form, I wouldn't be amazed if this ended a draw, or by 1 goal each way. Tough to call.

No Defoe - it was Sod's law he'd get injured straight after not buying a striker in the window. Bit gutted about that.

Ade is back, but he's been shite for weeks. Well, I dunno if it's shiteness, or lack of effort, either way it's been like playing with 10 men.

Dempsey's been a bit hot and cold with his performances, but has 5 goals in the last 6 games, so must be doing something right.

Encouraging signs from Holtby though, he looks a very good player, I'm personally hoping he can hit it off immediately and strike up an understanding with Ade.

Should be a good match, I'd imagine both teams will be in the 'fuck it, lets go for the win' mood.

I can live with that!

Going to be a very interesting battle in midfield! The key of course will again be Bale, if we can keep tabs on him we could get something from this. Cant say Im not happy Defoe wont play, always seems to do well against us.

I like Perch but you have to put Tiote back in. Now we have Cabaye back and added in Sissoko then Mr T can go back to his normal game of working his tits off and mopping up, something he does brilliantly. I think the reason he's been shite this season is because he's had to try and play attacking football due to our lack of options which to be fair isn't his game or job.

Leave the team as is I reckon. The only person I reckon had a bad one in the last game was Cisse.

If we do that I expect a victory of at least 17 - 3. With sissoko turning green and ripping though his shirt after his 5th hat trick.

I wouldn't start Tiote. He has been a liability when it's mattered lately or played well below par.

I can see him trying to impress and losing his cool.

I do think he can regain his form but I rather see him do that in the European games.

Edited by Asprilla

I wouldn't want us to chuck tiote straight back in. Perch doesn't really deserve to be dropped based on the last few appearances and tiote hasn't deserved to go straight back in, needs to earn it.

Leave the team as is I reckon. The only person I reckon had a bad one in the last game was Cisse.

If we do that I expect a victory of at least 17 - 3. With sissoko turning green and ripping though his shirt after his 5th hat trick.

Cisse's movement and off the ball work was staggeringly good. He worked his knackers off.

I wouldn't expect Sissoko to score so regularly - he managed one goal in his last 38 games for Toulouse.