Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

If like to see the breakdown of that net spend though. Gone are the days where we would drop £10mil on a CB.

True. We've signed one player over £6.7m in the last five years and none over £10m. In the PL you do need at least a couple of players worth more than £10m in order to compete. Just as well the club isn't looking to compete.

But the point is we're not whinging because aren't happy finishing tenth. The position would have been a respectable improvement on the previous season that most would have accepted. But it has been underminded by selling our best player and not making any realistic effort to replace him.

And more importantly it's happened along with futher distancing the club from the fans and telling them that what they want (be it improvement in the league, cup runs, a new manager, signings, entertainment or whatever) is irrelevant to clubs management.

I understand that, I'm just saying that this myth of the football fan of being "content" with playing attractive football, players giving their all and a chairman with best intentions, is bollocks.

No matter which fans or what footballing position, lack of forward direction usually leads to discontent. (Magnified a zillion times since the dawn of social media).

I think, given the abysmal form of the team during the course of this year, the next step is avoiding relegation next season, init bruv.

We were 6 points off top at Christmas till we sold our best player and didn't replace him. :lol:

I'm sure a handful of good signings will ensure relegation isn't an issue.

We were 6 points off top at Christmas till we sold our best player and didn't replace him. :lol:

I'm sure a handful of good signings will ensure relegation isn't an issue.

A handful of good signings? That isn't a given. There's a bit of a stink around the club now, as Pardew and Mike linger on--it can't be the most appetising prospect for good players.

A handful of good signings? That isn't a given. There's a bit of a stink around the club now, as Pardew and Mike linger on--it can't be the most appetising prospect for good players.

Most players, unfortunately, are only interested in who ups their wages.

As for foreign players, not only will we up their wages but we will also point to Cabaye as how our club is a great springboard to better things.

"Give us a couple of great years and look what could happen".

I understand that, I'm just saying that this myth of the football fan of being "content" with playing attractive football, players giving their all and a chairman with best intentions, is bollocks.

No matter which fans or what footballing position, lack of forward direction usually leads to discontent. (Magnified a zillion times since the dawn of social media).

I agree with what you're saying there but I don't think there is any myth about any fans being content. People say we would be happy with whatever but that only lasts so long. If the Heed had got promoted to the league how long do you think they would have been happy merely surviving in the bottom division? After a few years of it they'd want to be pushing up the table then looking for promotion and the cycle would begin again in League one and so on.

It's usually the same for owners and boards too. But in our case Ashley's interests are only in seeing how much money he can get us making (and passing back to him via whatever means) and he doesn't think he can get any more from us based on our football performance so he's not willing to invest to grow. Only to avoid losing what income we currenly have.

Most players, unfortunately, are only interested in who ups their wages.

As for foreign players, not only will we up their wages but we will also point to Cabaye as how our club is a great springboard to better things.

"Give us a couple of great years and look what could happen".

Cabaye's performance levels were not consistently high during his time with us. I think a lot of people will agree that the squad as a whole has performed badly, this year in particular. Why? I would suggest that this is largely down to Pardew, who has instilled a culture of mediocrity in the squad.

There are certain things fans should be able to expect, regardless of players being bought and sold: for the team to be well organised; for them to work hard and compete in every game. This is down to the manager. Pardew fails to deliver the very basics. Pulis delivered, with a squad of lesser ability.

Pardew can't organise or motivate good players, and worse, he has made a mockery of the club with his behaviour, and appears to some extent to have lost the dressing room. Even when we win under Pardew, you get the feeling it's more down to the individual ability of our better players (eg Cabaye or Remy winning us games), rather than the team as a whole being well organised.

One of mine.

I'm staunchly anti Ashley, but think his biggest mistake is who is in the dugout not who is in the squad.

I think their biggest "mistake" is choosing not to compete for anything beyond Premier League survival. Undermines everything else. Say we sign Cabella and he makes the kind of impact we were enjoying from Cabaye, it doesn't matter because we could be 3 points of 4th at Xmas and the brakes will be put on.

You're right when you say we've spent quite a bit, and that we pay wages higher than teams around us. We've also seen this bang-average manager guide us to 5th, so it is achievable within their constraints. I'm not sure if it's simply having a poor manager, I honestly believe the absence of ambition filters from the top to the least experienced and that, above all else, cripples any hope of achievement.

• 2 weeks later...

OOOOhhhhhhhh

Ayrton Senna's got the voice of a tenor

Peter Snow sings very low

Mark Barano is a soprano

and Mike Ashley, Mike Ashley, Mike Ashley

is a football cunt

Mike Ashley is a football cunt

a football cunt

a football cunt

Mike Ashley is a football cunt

and so is Dennis Wise

and so is Alan Pardew

and so is Lee Charnley

and so is Wincey Willis.

No, but she's not doing the weather any more.

;)

Got done a few years back for pinching some tampons and Sunglasses from her local Tesco. Said she was expecting some sunny periods later that week.

BpH6MgJIIAA-4oO.jpg

Converting the entire remaining #NUFC debt (£129m) to equity would cost Ashley 3.4% of his current worth (£3750m).

Doesn't really "cost" him anything though does it? He'd just be swapping one asset for another, so as long as the shares retain the value he's put in (the loans) then he still gets his money back when he sells.

The only downside is he would lose the flexibility to get his loan money back unless he sells, but he shows no sign of wanting to do that anyway. In that sense the loans are like equity anyway. He can have his free advertising whether or not he has loans or equity.

• 5 weeks later...

Retailer cunt as well.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/jul/02/sports-direct-meeting-mike-ashley

Sitting at the directors' table, Ashley refused to speak to or even look at reporters attending the meeting. He cupped his chin in his hand and stared into the distance as chairman Keith Hellawell and other colleagues tried to fend off questions.

Ashley left by helicopter immediately after the meeting, taking off from the helipad in the carpark adjoining the warehouse and office complex.

Oldham Athletic have agreed a record five-year sponsorship deal with Sports Direct and kit suppliers Sondico.6 SharesShareTweet+1EmailBoundary Park, home of Oldham Athletic

Oldham Athletic have agreed a record five-year sponsorship deal with Sports Direct and kit suppliers Sondico.

Boundary Park will now become SportsDirect.com Park, with the retail giant the new name on the shirts.

A new club shop will open within the new North Stand.

Latics Chairman, Simon Corney, told the club's website: "This is a landmark day for the football club. We are delighted to enter into a partnership of this magnitude with Sports Direct. A lot of work has gone into this deal which see's Sports Direct become our front of shirt partner and Sondico become our technical kit partner for the next five seasons, as well as the renaming of Boundary Park to SportsDirect.com Park.

"There is a lot going on at the club, with the construction of the new stand and the opportunities this affords us. We have a dynamic young manager who is looking to assemble a squad to build upon the excellent finish we enjoyed to last season."

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt