Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

There'll still be 40k+ morons happy to pay him for the privilege next season. And I'm sorry but yes, at this stage, I can't see these people as anything other than fucking morons.

There'll still be 40k+ morons happy to pay him for the privilege next season. And I'm sorry but yes, at this stage, I can't see these people as anything other than fucking morons.

It's funny that we used to say that all those divvies and muppets Sky interviewed outside SJP didn't represent the average Newcastle fan, but I'm beginning to think they actually do... :blush2:

Goon Army!

Are we not just seeing the young middle class type who jumped on the Keegan bandwagon returning to rugger, cycling and polo leaving football once again to the hardcore working class?

:lol: :lol:

Anyway, can't talk, gotta phone Charles about a polo tourney in Kensington next week. Last one on the horse is a rotter.

:CT:

Edited by Howmanheyman

Are we not just seeing the young middle class type who jumped on the Keegan bandwagon returning to rugger, cycling and polo leaving football once again to the hardcore working class?

:lol:

Are we not just seeing the middle aged, middle class type who jumped on the Keegan bandwagon returning to rugger, cycling, selling settees and polo leaving football once again to the hardcore working class?

Being a bit hard on yourself there, mate.

The trouble is with Ashley’s much reported transfer ‘strategy’, if a player is sold for say £20m (Cabaye) then any incoming player/s have to come from this £20m. Sign a player for £15m then the wages for that player can only be £5m over the length of his contract. Adding agents fees into this figure then you start to knock down what you pay for the player, the wages or both. That’s before you debate the quality of the player you’re actually getting.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/will-mike-ashley-stick-twist-this-summer/

The trouble is with Ashley’s much reported transfer ‘strategy’, if a player is sold for say £20m (Cabaye) then any incoming player/s have to come from this £20m. Sign a player for £15m then the wages for that player can only be £5m over the length of his contract. Adding agents fees into this figure then you start to knock down what you pay for the player, the wages or both. That’s before you debate the quality of the player you’re actually getting.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/will-mike-ashley-stick-twist-this-summer/

Surely you have £20m plus the wages Cabaye was being paid?

Surely you have £20m plus the wages Cabaye was being paid?

They've never done the maths like that.

Also, NUFC made £78mil off tv rights this year. A £34 mil increase over last season. Add in the Cabaye sale and the fact we were running at a +£10mil profit last season already and the club should be around +£65 million this season. Remind me how we can't compete with the financial might of Southampton again?

Owned by the 23rd richest man in the country, biggest net profit in the league on player sales over the last 5 years and an approximate £65mil profit this season.

Also, NUFC made £78mil off tv rights this year. A £34 mil increase over last season. Add in the Cabaye sale and the fact we were running at a +£10mil profit last season already and the club should be around +£65 million this season. Remind me how we can't compete with the financial might of Southampton again?

Owned by the 23rd richest man in the country, biggest net profit in the league on player sales over the last 5 years and an approximate £65mil profit this season.

">

No coincidence that the Ashley apologists have been quiet for a while

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt