Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: That was quick, que end of transfer window "well we tried for Kone".

We should try for that Charlie Austin lad for £5m anyway, young and has a good record over 2 year in the championship.

See Norwich have signed Redmond, around £3m is the rumored fee. Surely the sort of player we're supposed to be interested in, young and somewhat low fee with a big possible upside. Could have offered Shane Ferguson as part exchange as Birmingham like him.

I wonder what our new transfer policy is? "make it look like we tried"

:lol: Seems that way, Perch said he understood the new policy, Pardew tried to offer him a new deal so he tried.

Cant see Kone taking us over Everton giving the ex manager connection. unless of course he did not actually like the guy.

Do not think Bent would be the end of the world as i've seen read. I know he is not the complete the forward but giving the choice between him and any other strikers we could get he has a proven record. really depends how much villa are asking for and he wants in wages.

plus Shola leaving to go play in the sun will leave a big Cone shaped space somewhere towards the attacking end of the pitch.

JFK to any half decent established premier league player `Would you like to sign for us'

Any half decent established premier league player `No'

JFK to any half decent established premier league player `Would you like to sign for us'

Any half decent established premier league player `No'

Unfortunately JFK won't have heard of any half decent premier league player and therefore won't speak to them. I wish I was joking.

My biggest worry is that JFK has talked himself into a job on the basis of his "success" (in his own mind) at unearthing gems from the lower leagues. This could translate into a raft of Leon Best and Ryan Taylor type signings, players who aren't and never will be good enough to take us up the table. Frightening from a man who seems totally out of touch with the modern game in England and abroad.

Like Howay said, I wish we had of went in for Nathan Redmond. Quick, tricky winger who I have seen score and create goals in an average side and he is only 19. £3m is a bargain IMO if Tom Ince is going for £8m. Both are worth around £5m I would say. Tom Ince is another play I would have liked, but he is going for over the odds.

Not really bothered about Kone, he is slightly above Average but he isnt better than Cisse and I would say if Gouffran started 32 games up front he would get around the 10 goal mark.

I would get Darren Bent in, he will score 15 goals if he plays regularly.

The way we "were in" then we "were out" for Kone, I wonder if it was a smokescreen? Feign interest in a player, pursue another target, progress deal for this other target and end the feigned interest in Kone? Seems far fetched, but Marveaux came out the blue...

My biggest worry is that JFK has talked himself into a job on the basis of his "success" (in his own mind) at unearthing gems from the lower leagues. This could translate into a raft of Leon Best and Ryan Taylor type signings, players who aren't and never will be good enough to take us up the table. Frightening from a man who seems totally out of touch with the modern game in England and abroad.

The same two players who helped us on our way to 5th the season before last :)

Yeah they were pivotal weren't they?

Yeah they were pivotal weren't they?

As it happens they were. Taylor in particular iirc was an ever present those first 10 or 12 games that really established the season (including that over the wall goal at Sunderland, 2nd game of the season).