Bafetimbi Gomis

Tooj

No you don't, the idea doesn't make any sense. If you don't want to spend the money, you don't need to make the offer formal.

What does make much more sense is that this is Aulas's story to deflect the criticism he is getting. Funny that he tweeted every detail as it happened apart from this one.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bafetimbi Gomis: 'I did not make the financial sacrifice to sign for Newcastle.' #NUFC #OL

Bafetimbi Gomis: 'I cannot see myself signing a contract extension with Lyon. It worries me greatly that I'm in the reserve team again.' #OL

Bafetimbi Gomis: 'I agreed to sign for Newcastle after talking with Didier Deschamps, he said it would be good for me.' #OL #NUFC (1/2)

Gomis cont: 'Lyon and Newcastle agreed a fee of €8m plus €2m bonuses but then Newcastle went back on my agreement w/ them.' #NUFC #OL (2/2)

Bafetimbi Gomis: 'The only two people who should have had to make an effort after that were Newcastle and Lyon. They didn't.' #NUFC #OL

Bafetimbi Gomis: 'I did not make the financial sacrifice to sign for Newcastle.' #NUFC #OL

Bafetimbi Gomis: 'I cannot see myself signing a contract extension with Lyon. It worries me greatly that I'm in the reserve team again.' #OL

Bafetimbi Gomis: 'I agreed to sign for Newcastle after talking with Didier Deschamps, he said it would be good for me.' #OL #NUFC (1/2)

Gomis cont: 'Lyon and Newcastle agreed a fee of €8m plus €2m bonuses but then Newcastle went back on my agreement w/ them.' #NUFC #OL (2/2)

Bafetimbi Gomis: 'The only two people who should have had to make an effort after that were Newcastle and Lyon. They didn't.' #NUFC #OL

Great work again Joe.

I guess we were after a bargain. That or Whiskey Joe fucked it up

Joe, fuck up? Unlikely, after all .....

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

And God said, " Any tips here Joe?"

Hang on a minute. Are we taking the word of a disgruntled player as gospel here?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't NUFC and OL agree a deal, only for Gomis' agent to demand an extra £1.5m? OL refused to pay this and NUFC correctly (in my eyes) also refused. Gomis also refused to budge, so the deal didn't happen.

Gomis needs to look at his representative (you know, the guy who is meant to be acting in his client's best interests!) before pointing the finger at NUFC.

Apparently he was asking for money that would break the wage structure.....

or..... we reneged on an agreement we had with him over wages.

LYON striker Bafetimbi Gomis has revealed his proposed move to Newcastle fell through due to his reluctance to take a drop in wages.

He claims a deal was initially agreed before the Magpies then asked him to lower his wage demands.

“I had a talk with Newcastle’s coach and we found an agreement,” said Gomis .

“Then there were talks with Lyon. Newcastle then came back to me and asked me to make an effort on wages."

NUFC's word against his but the bit in bold wouldn't surprise me in the least!

Aulas now saying that wages were agreed and that the deal fell through because of agent's fees :lol:

Is that not what the problem was supposed to be from the start?

Aulas has a lot to say for himself though.

He was responding in the french press to the reports from last week.

As i said, its highly unlikely you put a formal offer of £10m on the table and agree a deal with the player then pull out at the last minute because you dont actually want to sign the player, just create the impression you do.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Newcastle's Bafetimbi Gomis transfer chase back on – but they must offer £100k per week

Newcastle have offered Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis £85,000 a week – but the Frenchman is demanding a whopping £100,000 weekly salary.

Gomis, 28, will become a free agent next month and is being chased by a string of clubs across Europe.

Sunderland, Swansea and West Ham are also interested, but all three have balked over the bulging pay-packet he is after.

The Swans are particularly keen as their current star striker, Wilfried Bony, is attracting serious interest from bigger clubs after scoring 25 goals in his first season at the Liberty Stadium.

Newcastle are long-term admirers of Gomis, having failed to conclude deals with his club for him during the last two transfer windows.

His current demands will test the resolve of owner Mike Ashley and the insistence of manager Alan Pardew that the Magpies' squad will be sufficiently improved this summer to ensure there is no repeat of the club’s abysmal end to the 2013-14 season.

Ashley and Pardew know that on-loan Queens Park Rangers striker Loic Remy, also a France international, does not want to extend his stay at St James’ Park.

Remy is likely to be sold to a top-six club, with Everton leading the chase.

Gomis hit 14 goals in 33 games in 2013-14, on top of the 30 scored for Lyon over the previous two campaigns.

Wonder if he'd have asked for £100k if we still had Cabaye on the books? Or if we'd come in for him seriously after we'd qualified for Europe?

Clearly word is spreading about the french players that coming to NUFC means you'll be Pardeud.