Is Papisse Cisse

Slayer

WRT his form for us just after he signed I'd say yes, everything he tried flew in (see the chelsea goal)

Since then hes struggled for form and supply. the seasons prior to his arrival here have shown hes capable of scoring goals over a long period and, in the end, he didnt do too awfully for us last season(moreso when you consider the number of wrong offside calls that cancelled out good goals) and with 2 dangerous players either side in HBA and Remy I think he'll see more chances and a little more space coming his way while defences worry about the other two.

The one thing he isn't is someone comfortable with the ball at his feet. He cant dribble much and his touch can sometimes be appalling, hes at his best shooting instinctively which is something the team needs to be aware of when playing balls to him.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gernerally shocking form of Cabaye, Tiote and Jonas coupled with Ben Arfa's injury and Ba pushing out of the central role (the only role he can play) was why he got poorer service last season.

In the game and a bit Cabaye's played this season he already looks far better, Ben Arfa's back to fitness and flying and we now have Remy up there with him too. I think we'll see him getting a lot more chances shortly and I'm confident he will put a fair amount away.

• 11 months later...

Got to be wary of players coming back from injury sooner than expected for an under fire manager. 16 minutes then 3 months out probably.

It was only a couple of weeks ago they said mid October before he'd be match fit. I know desperate times call for desperate measures of course there's no guarantee he'll be banging them in risky, very risky.

• 3 months later...

Tbh it was daft and he should be banned but Danny Murphy talking about a potential 9 match ban on motd. Meanwhile tackles like the one Rooney did in the second half against us didn't even result in a yellow card. It's laughable. Murphy also said Coleman didn't make a meal of it even though he went down like a fanny even though there was nowt wrong with him. Which I don't even mind that much but Murphy trying to suggest it was somehow commendable behaviour on the Everton player's behalf is taking the piss. Also, it's now completely acceptable for defenders to cheat in the box all the time but when a forward reacts the book should be thrown at him? It stinks.

Murphy hates us like. :lol:

Can't take Martinez too seriously on the subject of foul play either.

Aye, he defender McManaman to the hilt and that was a genuine potentially career threatening challenge. Which tha FA did fuck all about as well.

Aye, he defender McManaman to the hilt and that was a genuine potentially career threatening challenge. Which tha FA did fuck all about as well.

Aye - the FA are very selective with who they charge. Rooney constantly gets away with things worse.

For what it's worth I quite enjoyed Cisse's elbow. Reminded me of Shearer...

He's not talking about Cisse to be honest, just slagging our fans, club etc.

It's talksport. No further explanation required

Edited by Alex

Aye but still, he's going up against the wall come the revolution. :)

No argument from me. I just can't listen to it though. Most shows seem to be hosted by fuckwits getting even bigger fuckwits annoyed enough to phone in. A lot of 5Live isn't a great deal better like