Nothing to see here version 2.0

The Fish

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jolly good stuff.

Is he any good?

Yes, hes pretty small/light though so there would unquestionably be an adaptation period to the physicality of the league.

In which time I'm sure you'll make your own judgement on him.

He'll get several appraisals from me. :)

Let's save everyone the time and for the moment cast history aside and assume that he will sign....

CTs initial appraisal will be that he's not very good and that Shane is better, whilst everyone suggests that he needs to be given a chance to settle.

Fast forward to a time when he's had a chance to settle and CT's appraisal will be that he's a quality player and yet another sign that Ashley is a footballing genius.

Let's save everyone the time and for the moment cast history aside and assume that he will sign....

CTs initial appraisal will be that he's not very good and that Shane is better, whilst everyone suggests that he needs to be given a chance to settle.

Fast forward to a time when he's had a chance to settle and CT's appraisal will be that he's a quality player and yet another sign that Ashley is a footballing genius.

Like Santon?

Aye, that's what his father (and agent) is saying. Piece says negotiations are underway but the player and his team are certain it'll go through. All of which could be le grand bullshit of course.

Probably the latter. I watched Cabella (and Montpellier) against Monaco the other day and he did look good. Would be pleasantly surprised if this one went through. Need a striker more though.

Dream semi-realistic scenario is Cabella and de Jong in and no-one else out.

Really can't fathom why we are after Cabella as he's not exactly work man like which is what we know Pardew wants from his more offensive players. (This doesn't mean I don't rate him which I clearly do)

Courbis, Montpellier's manager, took a swipe at us in the press today. That's the same guy who was adamant that we wouldn't get Yanga-Mbiwa. I can taste his tears from across the channel.

@GFN_France: Rolland Courbis, Montpellier manager: 'Newcastle, as a player, I wouldn't even want to spend a week there.' #MHSC #NUFC #Cabella

I think Colo's Dad said he was joining Velez wotsit and we told him and them to fuck off. tbh I'll be amazed if we sign anyone if we can put it off till the summer, given we're about 12 points ahead of the bottom half.

But this would mean we're...strengthening the squad. Did we sell anyone?

We're gonna sell someone aren't we.

It'll be Cabaye won't it.

... :crying:

We've got Guti off the wage bill….and he was probably on high wages given they thought he was a free transfer….

Courbis, Montpellier's manager, took a swipe at us in the press today. That's the same guy who was adamant that we wouldn't get Yanga-Mbiwa. I can taste his tears from across the channel.

That was their owner actually, which just makes their bitterness look even more widespread.

As stupid as he sounds, clearly we've done something new to disrespect them and that won't help us buy their players.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

That was their owner actually, which just makes their bitterness look even more widespread.

As stupid as he sounds, clearly we've done something new to disrespect them and that won't help us buy their players.

That's got Kinnear written all over it.

If Arsenal are serious about winning the title would signing the likes of Cabaye make sense? If there is a bid, one look at the league table would tempt anyone, World Cup year or not. He's off in the summer for champions league football anyway, if he can squeeze in a league title as well before then he may think its well worth it. He's been mostly very good this season, and on occasions (like the last two games) utterly fabulous.

Quite amazing the lack of interest in Cabaye given how good he is and the sort of season he's having. Long may it continue.

Dont you worry, Pards is at it again.

Alan Pardew is determined to keep Yohan Cabaye, but admits a 'nervy' end to the winter window awaits Newcastle United.
The Magpies were able to fend off interest in their French midfielder over the summer, with Arsenal having moved for his services.
Cabaye's head was turned by the attention from Emirates Stadium and his future on Tyneside became shrouded in uncertainty.
He was welcomed back into the Newcastle fold, though, and remains a key performer in their engine room.
Cabaye was among the goals again on Saturday as he bagged a brace in a 3-1 victory at West ham United and Pardew hopes no tempting offers will be tabled before the end of January.
He said: "All the transfer windows as manager of Newcastle are nervy and I will be nervous until it closes.
"Everybody is for sale at some price, but we're conscious that we have a good team and we will try to keep it together."
On Cabaye's showing at Upton Park, Pardew added: "Yohan has almost a free role in the No. 10 shirt and he has enjoyed that.
"He has added goals to his game. The first one was a class individual goal - the touch and the way he moved and the sublime moment he took to finish it.
"He was a class act all day. He has been a big player for us and it has helped us get a nice rhythm in midfield."

"Everybody is for sale at some price" How many managers bloody talk like that?