Nothing to see here version 2.0

The Fish

If Arsenal are serious about winning the title would signing the likes of Cabaye make sense? If there is a bid, one look at the league table would tempt anyone, World Cup year or not. He's off in the summer for champions league football anyway, if he can squeeze in a league title as well before then he may think its well worth it. He's been mostly very good this season, and on occasions (like the last two games) utterly fabulous.

Arsenal dont need him.

Man Utd on the other hand desperately need a player like him.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Everybody is for sale at some price" How many managers bloody talk like that?

While it's not nice to hear, it's what everyone in football knows. We won't sell cheap but if the price is right then we'll do business.

While it's not nice to hear, it's what everyone in football knows. We won't sell cheap but if the price is right then we'll do business.

I know I know. Everybody knows that. And thats just it, everybody knows it. So why go out and say it every other week? He pretty much advertises his players for sale. Its maddening.

I think it's partly a defence mechanism after looking like a fool following the Carroll transfer.

Also why pretend thats not what everyone is talking about, Goals on Sunday took comments from twitter telling us he would be perfect for Man U and then discussion from Di Matteo and Pearce about how hard it will be to hang on to him.

Also astounds me that people read newspaper articles and assume that the quotes are direct without prompted questions and come in the order that they are stated on the page. I presume these people read the articles with the mouths hanging open and dribble falling on to the page.

I'd rather have Cabaye too. I'm just asking what he's worth.

Realistically or on the Fellani scale? 'cos the latter would put him around Bale money.

Probably £20m after the season he has had. And that is a complete guess.

Edited by beatty

I think he'll go in the summer like. The way he is playing at the moment (consistency having been a problem for him last season mind), he is a champions league player. If he continues this for the rest of the season and has a decent world cup - something entirely possible - I think people will definitely be in for him. Fantastic player who has grown into a real leader on the pitch.

He's shaping up to be a 10 goal a season midfielder, which is rare these days - especially from someone who plays as far back as Cabaye. Just needs to increase his assist output - only has 2 so far this season.

He's shaping up to be a 10 goal a season midfielder, which is rare these days - especially from someone who plays as far back as Cabaye. Just needs to increase his assist output - only has 2 so far this season.

I'd be interested to know how he fares in 'chance creation' mind you; as you say he doesn't tend to get assists, but he does start a lot of our moves.

I can't find that stat on their layout, which will mean I'm looking in the wrong place. Just be interested to compare it to a few others. Have no real context for whether or not 33 is good.

Also why pretend thats not what everyone is talking about, Goals on Sunday took comments from twitter telling us he would be perfect for Man U and then discussion from Di Matteo and Pearce about how hard it will be to hang on to him.

Also astounds me that people read newspaper articles and assume that the quotes are direct without prompted questions and come in the order that they are stated on the page. I presume these people read the articles with the mouths hanging open and dribble falling on to the page.

If this was the first time he'd done it I'd agree with you. Its not though, nor the last Im sure.

:lol: