Nothing to see here version 2.0

The Fish

I certainly hope that isnt the plan. Because while Anita is coming along nicely, he's nowhere near Cabaye's level at the moment. Seems a different type of player too.

Well yeah, they're not exactly the same type of player as we speak.If it all pans out how it's looking this weekend though we're getting a player who plays pretty much in a different area of the pitch.

Anita is 24, old enough to know his trade but still young enough to develop further, add more more strings to his bow etc. Theyre both predominantly passers of the ball, that's their main function in the team, and Anita is good with both feet. One thing Anita will have to work on is his goal threat but with Cabaye taking most set pieces he'll get a go at it. He's not scared of a challenge either but sometimes appears easily shoved aside, whilst Cabaye is pretty uncompromising physically, verging on being a dirty bastard at times.

Perhaps if it goes through Sissoko will play a bit more centrally, try to punch holes in central defences with his power and pace, and this Cabella will play wider. Not sure really, but I don't think we're getting a direct replacement in this window at least. That's why I think Anita will have to step up and show a bit more, and I do think he was earmarked for this when he first came to the club.

Edited by PaddockLad

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a look on Newcastle-Online, to see their reaction to this report of Cabaye being off.

Are they always this OTT?

I had a look before to see if they had any further developments. Left quickly and am in agreement about them being OTT.

I still think it would make a certain kind of sense for him to go now when we have time to adapt to it for the rest of the season. We all know we're going to finish around 8th, so why not move him on and work out how we can play going forward. Better than working it out next year when we might need the points more.

I had a look before to see if they had any further developments. Left quickly and am in agreement about them being OTT.

It's the reason I left there (during the relegation season). That and how serious some took it back then. There's plenty of ill-feeling towards Ashley, Pardew etc here but it does feel a bit more level-headed and rational here compared to what I remember of there.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Mixed feelings about Cabaye leaving. On one hand, I don't want the best midfielder our club has had in (what?) ten years to leave, but on the other, he's getting into his peak years now and deserves a shot at a Champions League club. I guess I can see and understand both the wants of the player and the club. However, it doesn't feel like the end. Not that there is a predefined end to Cabaye's time at the club, but I'd convinced myself that he'd play out the year and move on in the summer, which I'd sort of come to terms with. So, I hope this is just speculation, created by Rabiot's injury and the French press adding their own numbers up, so he stays the rest of the season and either moves to a big club or just stays all together.

If we can get £25-£30m for him then its a no brainer really. He is unlikely to resign so this is the best time to sell him really this window or the next anyway. Yeah doom and gloom and all that but he's not always brilliant and does go missing on occasion. We could get someone just as good with a little luck at 1/4 the price. The fear is always then that another chance to strengthen seriously is missed just like when Carroll left. Need to look at Tottenham's approach when they sold Berbatov for whatever it was to ManU and have a real go at it. Won't happen and that's the problem with Ashley, 10th is his aim. He's expressed that clearly and its no more frustrating than at times like this.

I honestly dont buy this 10th is our aim rubbish.

We look very well set in 8th and only 7 points of a champions league spot.

We have a policy of recruiting very good players coming into their prime, not the journey men has been folk that you now associate with the Stokes, Villas etc.

Sure we are not going to go out and pay ridiculous sums like the top four can spend, but I still firmly believe that our current policy is good.

I honestly dont buy this 10th is our aim rubbish.

We look very well set in 8th and only 7 points of a champions league spot.

We have a policy of recruiting very good players coming into their prime, not the journey men has been folk that you now associate with the Stokes, Villas etc.

Sure we are not going to go out and pay ridiculous sums like the top four can spend, but I still firmly believe that our current policy is good.

What is the club's aim then and do you think it'll work?

What is the club's aim then and do you think it'll work?

I think you have to look back and forward.

The shambles we were post Keegan, the relegation, the shipping of journey men to a club that now looks like a lean mean contender.

I think the quality of player our recruitment policy has brought in over the last two years is there for all to see and as long as that continues I see no reason why we shouldnt stay in and around the top 8 (which is pretty decent company) and start to nibble away upwards.

We have a couple of winnable games coming up and March could also throw quite a few points our way. Could be a very exciting run in.

I think you have to look back and forward.

The shambles we were post Keegan, the relegation, the shipping of journey men to a club that now looks like a lean mean contender.

I think the quality of player our recruitment policy has brought in over the last two years is there for all to see and as long as that continues I see no reason why we shouldnt stay in and around the top 8 (which is pretty decent company) and start to nibble away upwards.

We have a couple of winnable games coming up and March could also throw quite a few points our way. Could be a very exciting run in.

:lol: :lol:

Who was responsible for this 'shambles?'