Nothing to see here version 2.0

The Fish

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some gutter article on how Charlie Adam will be replacing Cabaye.

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry but then thought isn't Charlie Adam about 40 years old? He certainly looks it.

Not that Charlie Adam could replace Cabaye in any capacity, must be a wind up.

So since this lot count the players contract in the transfer fee as well as new contracts being subtracted from transfer funds (as with Tiote and Kruls contracts coming from the Andy Carroll fund for Debenham stocks), will the savings we make from Cabaye's contract be added to our funds?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Any chance that we would still sign Luuk's brother Siem this window? He seems a capable midfielder who has already said he wants to leave Ajax.

Not our traditional market but we have dealt with Ajax before, he'll know Anita as well.

if the price is right he does theoretically occupy the space left by Cabaye

Alan Pardew has warned Newcastle will need an major rebuilding job - as he fumes over Newcastle's failure to land top target Clement Grenier.

Magpies' boss Pardew insisted earlier this week that the club "must spend" the £20million raised by the sale of Yohan Cabaye to Paris Saint-Germain.

But late on Thursday it was looking highly unlikely that the Geordies would offer enough to land Lyon midfielder Grenier.

Pardew confirmed the 23-year-old is Newcastle's only current target and will be pursued again in the summer, and was visibly depressed that he was going to have to cope for the rest of the season without fresh talent.

He has warned the club have to be more determined, saying: "There is no point bringing a player here - for example, a £6m-£7m player - who isn't good enough. That would be a waste of money. We have to be strong about what direction we are going in, how we want to play and whose going to fill those roles.

"We have a target and we will stay on that target until such time as he gets away from us.

"It's difficult unless you have a vision of how you want to play. and this team with Yohan Cabaye in the No 10 role was the way I like to play.

"[Targetting] Grenier was around that theme of a team that can pass the ball quickly and work between the lines. That's what I'm going to aim for in the summer.

"The summer is going to be very important to us because of the players we have with two years left on their contract and the situation we have within the group.

"We've got a very young team. I think I've built two teams here, one with Demba and Papiss and you would argue this year and the back end of last year I built another team with Cabaye, Loic, Gouffran and Moussa.

"I'm going to have to build another one in the summer. It turns over quickly at Newcastle and you need to have a clear mind where you are going with it."

Newcastle face a total changing of the guard up front in the summer - Loic Remy and Luuk De Jong are only on loan, Shola Ameobi is scheduled to be out of contract and Papiss Cisse is unsettled.

The failure to get Grenier means Pardew is considering a tactical change.

He added: "If we don't replace Cabaye we might have to change our style of play a little bit because of the personnel I have. It's about getting a result. It creates an opportunity for Hatem Ben Arfa and Sylvain Marveaux."

Most of the present company excepted, apathy killed this club. It's bred a generation of gullible Ashleyites that know no better and think being bum raped every transfer window is good business because hey, it'll all come good in the next window right? They'll never learn that every time the club has the opportunity to build it will always side-step to mediocrity. They settle for the lies, dodgy team selections, bombing out of cup runs and finishing around 8th as a target because it suits Mike Ashley's pocket - hell, he's the man that saved the club from a perceived debt crisis that would allegedly have sent us spiraling in to oblivion like Portsmouth, etc so why shouldn't he? The club does nothing but lie and lead the fans on in to thinking they're working to a better future, were we ever really in terrible danger before the fat parasite got his sweaty, grubby mitts on us? To be honest I wonder, I mean surely if we were struggling that much then so must most of the other Premiership clubs? Bearing in mind our following and ground capacity how have teams with smaller of both managed to continue spending? Maybe they haven't and I'm just imagining things but it certainly feels pretty shit to be a Toon fan these days, bugger all to shout or cheer about to be honest and there seems to be more chance of exciting players leaving than joining.

Alan Pardew has warned Newcastle will need an major rebuilding job - as he fumes over Newcastle's failure to land top target Clement Grenier.

Magpies' boss Pardew insisted earlier this week that the club "must spend" the £20million raised by the sale of Yohan Cabaye to Paris Saint-Germain.

But late on Thursday it was looking highly unlikely that the Geordies would offer enough to land Lyon midfielder Grenier.

Pardew confirmed the 23-year-old is Newcastle's only current target and will be pursued again in the summer, and was visibly depressed that he was going to have to cope for the rest of the season without fresh talent.

He has warned the club have to be more determined, saying: "There is no point bringing a player here - for example, a £6m-£7m player - who isn't good enough. That would be a waste of money. We have to be strong about what direction we are going in, how we want to play and whose going to fill those roles.

"We have a target and we will stay on that target until such time as he gets away from us.

"It's difficult unless you have a vision of how you want to play. and this team with Yohan Cabaye in the No 10 role was the way I like to play.

"[Targetting] Grenier was around that theme of a team that can pass the ball quickly and work between the lines. That's what I'm going to aim for in the summer.

"The summer is going to be very important to us because of the players we have with two years left on their contract and the situation we have within the group.

"We've got a very young team. I think I've built two teams here, one with Demba and Papiss and you would argue this year and the back end of last year I built another team with Cabaye, Loic, Gouffran and Moussa.

"I'm going to have to build another one in the summer. It turns over quickly at Newcastle and you need to have a clear mind where you are going with it."

Newcastle face a total changing of the guard up front in the summer - Loic Remy and Luuk De Jong are only on loan, Shola Ameobi is scheduled to be out of contract and Papiss Cisse is unsettled.

The failure to get Grenier means Pardew is considering a tactical change.

He added: "If we don't replace Cabaye we might have to change our style of play a little bit because of the personnel I have. It's about getting a result. It creates an opportunity for Hatem Ben Arfa and Sylvain Marveaux."

A direct quote from Pardew surfacing at 11pm at night is rather suspect. Can you provide the source?

By the summer it will be 18 months since we signed a permanent player. That beggars belief in this league. The two players who have ensured we aren't battling relegation, Cabaye and Remy, aren't here next year either. There's talk Cisse and Marveaux are off today too :lol:

2-3 injuries and and its Gosling in the middle and Campbell up front

Edited by TheRollingStones

By the summer it will be 18 months since we signed a permanent player. That beggars belief in this league. The two players who have ensured we aren't battling relegation, Cabaye and Remy, aren't here next year either. There's talk Cisse and Marveaux are off today too :lol:

Although, 18 months ago we did sign 5 players within a couple of weeks. If you said we've only signed 5 permanent players in 18.5 months, it doesn't sound quite as impressive.

So if those 2 get off today thats 1 in 4 out. Then there's a small matter of having no goalscorers tomorow Remy out Cabaye gone Gouffran injured between them they've scored 24 of our 28 goals this season I hope this De Jong kids got his shooting boots on.