Politics

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

Aye definitely. One of the many reasons there's a dearth of decent politicians in this country has to be the scrutiny you end up under compared with other public servants. You have to have a Boris-style brass neck to skate around it all.

I wouldn't call him a decent politician.

2 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Aye definitely. One of the many reasons there's a dearth of decent politicians in this country has to be the scrutiny you end up under compared with other public servants. You have to have a Boris-style brass neck to skate around it all.

It'll get worse as the current generation age out and a new one comes in as well, everything from my teen years is still out on the internet somewhere, which would be a frightening prospect if I was considering politics as a career. 

When May introduced her snoopers charter, a freedom of information request for her online history was refused as it was deemed not in the public interest. Seems the cunts don't mind if hackers release them so they can moralise and score points.

On 25/10/2017 at 1:15 PM, Andrew said:

It'll get worse as the current generation age out and a new one comes in as well, everything from my teen years is still out on the internet somewhere, which would be a frightening prospect if I was considering politics as a career. 

Mr Speaker, does the right honourable member for Burnley recall paying £20 for a glorified game of tuggy running around Leeds that he shamefully boasted about on an Internet forum called 'Toontastic'? Could he not have saved that £20 and invested it towards a decent chair for his constituents to sit on on the rare occasions he actually turns up to meet them?

;)

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Mr Speaker, does the right honourable member for Burnley recall paying £20 for a glorified game of tuggy running around Leeds that he shamefully boasted about on an Internet forum called 'Toontastic'? Could he not have saved that £20 and invested it towards a decent chair for his constituents to sit on on the rare occasions he actually turns up to meet them?

;)

This is why I'm in the business I'm in, I'd be roasted on question time.

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

This is why I'm in the business I'm in, I'd be roasted on question time.

:lol:

Seriously, the temptation to speak your mind to a knacker like Johnson would surely rule most right minded people out?

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

Seriously, the temptation to speak your mind to a knacker like Johnson would surely rule most right minded people out?

The temptation to counter his bluster and nonsensical latin-esque mumblings by taking it right down to the gutter in as common an accent as possible would be far too much.

I see Stephen Crabb is one of the people implicated in the sexual harrassment story at Westminster that's just broken. Funny how the same religious convictions which persuaded him to vote against gay marriage didn't seem as relevant when he was texting a 19 year old lass to see if she would shag him, despite his being married. I mean, you knaa, it's only one of the Ten Commandments we're talking about.

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

This his second (publicised) transgression as well. 

He's done particularly well since CT tipped him as the potential next leader of the Party / PM and to mean the end of the Labour Party (because he was brought up on a council estate).