Politics

Christmas Tree

45 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I suspect they know that, if they investigate, we'll quickly discover that they had a couple of officers stood outside the door as all the partygoers came and went, and they did nothing then and have done nothing since. 

That's what I said - it looks now like the parties under scrutiny may have only involved the little people rather than cabinet members with security but they must still have entrance/exit logs. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I hate cunts. Why do they get on?

Because they’re cunts- they have no friends, so will shit on anyone who gets in their way. 
They have no morals, so will do anything to get their way. 
They have no shame, so don’t give a fuck about people like us suffering because of them. 

• Thanks 1

Every now and then the guardian accidentally publishes a really good article, and I think this is one of them. It's not about the UK, or the West or our politics - it's about Pakistan and the problems they have, expressed in this case through a religiously motivated murder. But the overall point made is as true here as it is anywhere in the world:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/dec/10/rage-men-lynching-priyantha-kumara-pakistan-india

“What counts today, the question which is looming on the horizon,” wrote the political philosopher Frantz Fanon, “is the need for a redistribution of wealth. Humanity must reply to this question or be shaken to pieces by it.” The collective rage shimmering in the subcontinent is set against a paper-thin political fragility: the fragility of our leaders, small men who cannot stomach criticism or make the effort to care for a wounded and terrified citizenry; the fragility of majorities who refuse to cede any ground to minorities; the fragility of damaged men whose hearts are broken and cannot express themselves except through unhinged acts of cruelty; and the fragility of the rich who are blind to the anxieties of the dispossessed all around them.

14 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Given he denied a party ever happened on multiple occasions, feigned anger at PMs question time and then chucked his spokeswoman under the bus, I'm not sure how he comes back from this?

It was virtual i.e. didn’t happen.

21 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Given he denied a party ever happened on multiple occasions, feigned anger at PMs question time and then chucked his spokeswoman under the bus, I'm not sure how he comes back from this?

He will though. He'll just crack on as if nothing's happened. An awkward PMQ to deal with maybe but no one watches those anyway.

27 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

He will though. He'll just crack on as if nothing's happened. An awkward PMQ to deal with maybe but no one watches those anyway.

It's a runaway train now man. His own party are briefing against him. He's the fall guy to try and halt the slide towards Labour in the recent polls...

I really hope so cos I am fucking sick of the man at this point. But I am firmly in the 'believe it when I see it camp'. This government more than any other I've ever seen lets incompetence and bad behaviour go unpunished. He's surrounded himself with people who owe him for turning a blind eye to their own violations.

I do hope you're right though.