Politics

Christmas Tree

Bill Gates: the text book example of the danger posed by rich and powerful people utterly devoid of empathy or care for individual human life.

Howay, I've had my issues with it, but WIndows isn't that bad. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Saw a clip yesterday of his sister on some TV show saying "it's a witch hunt and guidance was always followed when she was at chequers".

Erm ...  it was lockdown, you weren't allowed to be at chequers you dim cunt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was listening to an interesting analysis last night on far right of the tory party, for Braverman potentially becoming party lead which is her clear aim (I shit you not). Apparently, the way the tory MPs are strcutured, the more loony ones are in the safer seats. So if they were wiped out in the next GE to say 150 seats, this would eliminate more "moderates" than ERG type tories. Braverman would then have a clear path to win a leadership campaign. Bring it on I say. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I was listening to an interesting analysis last night on far right of the tory party, for Braverman potentially becoming party lead which is her clear aim (I shit you not). Apparently, the way the tory MPs are strcutured, the more loony ones are in the safer seats. So if they were wiped out in the next GE to say 150 seats, this would eliminate more "moderates" than ERG type tories. Braverman would then have a clear path to win a leadership campaign. Bring it on I say. 

Aye. I think Francewanker, for example, has a massive majority. Must be inversely proportional to his height 

35 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Not sure I’m a big fan of Starmer claiming at PMQs that foreigners are coming over and accepting 20% less pay than British workers.

Think Starmer's point is this should not be legal? 

• Like 1

He came across much more as ‘they’re coming here taking our jobs and working for next to nothing’.

It’s clearly a party line because Emily Thornberry parroted the same shite shortly after on BBC Politics Live.

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He came across much more as ‘they’re coming here taking our jobs and working for next to nothing’.

It’s clearly a party line because Emily Thornberry parroted the same shite shortly after on BBC Politics Live.

Yeah, I'm not going to defend him here, just devil's advocate in saying if you are going ot have a points based immigration system, these immigrants should not be allowed to undercut the market value of earnings in any sector they're in. How you could enforce this, I have no idea. I guess he thinks if he can beat the tories on the one thing they supposedly have left over Labour, immigration, they're fucked. I don't agree with this approach myself. I would purely focus on cost of living and do you feel better off than 13/14 years ago? Starmer is a huge disappointment to me so far. 

• Like 2

It's power at any cost, which tbf is what many of you have asked for. So he's doing exactly what I'd understood Labour had to do. Nothing is sacred but power itself.

The direction of travel is very clear now so let's see where we end up.

3 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

enemy of my enemy and all that but i just dont see how I can vote for this cunt

Aye. At this point his priority appears to be pandering to the fucking idiots who’ve gotten us in this mess. 

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

It's power at any cost, which tbf is what many of you have asked for. So he's doing exactly what I'd understood Labour had to do. Nothing is sacred but power itself.

The direction of travel is very clear now so let's see where we end up.

Tbf I think that’s fucking bollocks. There’s a world of difference between being his being pragmatically non-committal on Brexit and completely ruling out things like freedom of movement. I think most on here found it depressing Brexit was off the table as a subject before the next election but show me one person on here who wanted him to double down on it to win. The stupid thing is he doesn’t need to fight on that front at all. The economy and cost of living has created the massive lead he has. Even if the boats is being weaponised the government have an appalling record on that and can be got at easily 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Tbf I think that’s fucking bollocks. There’s a world of difference between being his being pragmatically non-committal on Brexit and completely ruling out things like freedom of movement. I think most on here found it depressing Brexit was off the table as a subject before the next election but show me one person on here who wanted him to double down on it to win. The stupid thing is he doesn’t need to fight on that front at all. The economy and cost of living has created the massive lead he has. Even if the boats is being weaponised the government have an appalling record on that and can be got at easily 

You're talking policy positions mind, I can clearly remember people on here harping on about sixth form politics and how you need to win power and so on as a general strategic consideration - not really calling people out on policy. This is what it looks like to abandon principle and go all in on power, that's all I'm saying.

I despair at it, but it's the play that many people called for post-Corbyn.

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

You're talking policy positions mind, I can clearly remember people on here harping on about sixth form politics and how you need to win power and so on as a general strategic consideration - not really calling people out on policy. This is what it looks like to abandon principle and go all in on power, that's all I'm saying.

I despair at it, but it's the play that many people called for post-Corbyn.

Literally nobody said abandon all your principles to win power. That sort of polarisation of the debate is sixth form politics though 👍🏻

Just now, Alex said:

Literally nobody said abandon all your principles to win power. That sort of polarisation of the debate is sixth form politics though 👍🏻

Fair enough.