Politics

Christmas Tree

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Well that would be fucking amazing. I was reading something about someone having an interview with Rees-Mogg and turning up to his house and there was Sebastian Payne in a dressing gown. A supposed journalist staying at that cunt's house, just fuck off.

I hope he does get beat in this by-election. Shortest political career ever.

Was his first question, 'how was it for you, Sir Jacob?'

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I hope he does get beat in this by-election. Shortest political career ever.

While destroying his journalistic credibility in the process.

• Like 1

I like how the people that tried to purge Westminster of anyone not loyal to Johnson seem to think there’s something sinister about the same sort of thing now happening to them. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 02/06/2023 at 21:36, Howmanheyman said:

Just seen a free paper sitting on the settee and picked it up. WTF is this shit? 

(Unfortunately this MB won't allow my pics I took of the paper but it's called 'The light' and it's full of conspiracy shite about COVID, vaccines, masks etc). 

I wonder who funds this as it's been put through the door? Apparently it's a 'people funded paper' Righto. An opinion piece said 'why don't rock bands just do their jobs anymore?' :lol: 

There was quite a lengthy piece on the BBC news at 10 on this publication tonight, with links between conspiracy and extremist terror groups developing. 

As it happens @Howmanheyman, i almost certainly know who delivered that through your door. Used to be friends of ours, they bought into the covid conspiracy shit, and have gone completely down the rabbit hole. Friendship with me is now completely out the question what with me being a big pharma schill and all. They have however delivered that paper to us before, they live in Walkerville. Both of them stood as an independent in the last council elections.

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

There was quite a lengthy piece on the BBC news at 10 on this publication tonight, with links between conspiracy and extremist terror groups developing. 

As it happens @Howmanheyman, i almost certainly know who delivered that through your door. Used to be friends of ours, they bought into the covid conspiracy shit, and have gone completely down the rabbit hole. Friendship with me is now completely out the question what with me being a big pharma schill and all. They have however delivered that paper to us before, they live in Walkerville. Both of them stood as an independent in the last council elections.

Oh, them! They were out campaigning against the LTNs in Jesmond too. Because obviously cutting pollution and encouraging 15-minute cities is all part of the great global conspiracy too (whereas carmakers and petroleum multinationals are apparently fine? 🤷‍♀️)

• Like 2

It’s like a comfort blanket though, isn’t it? Although it does take a special kind of stupid to think you know everything 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Renton said:

Well I live in Walkerville too so would be interesting seeing who they are? 

19 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Well I live in Walkerville too so would be interesting seeing who they are? 

They stood in Walker and Walkergate. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes if you look at the election results, here.

https://democracy.newcastle.gov.uk/mgElectionElectionAreaResults.aspx?EID=14&RPID=19406288

But if you're in need of another clue think Pimm's drinking shithouse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

They stood in Walker and Walkergate. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes if you look at the election results, here.

https://democracy.newcastle.gov.uk/mgElectionElectionAreaResults.aspx?EID=14&RPID=19406288

5% of the vote is scary enough though. Basically the same as the Green Party got.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I know of a few Fishes in walker but it can't be these two.

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

Poor girl…

Out of all the shite that has ever come out of her mouth I think trying to portray Johnson as some sort of working class hero is perhaps the biggest stretch.

Obviously I'm not going to watch any sort of full interview with her but I'd like someone to ask why she wants to be in the Lords? Since Johnson left as PM she hasn't spoken once in the HoC and has voted just four times so obviously it's not because of any great dedication to public service.

31 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'd like someone to ask why she wants to be in the Lords

Because by turning up 3 times a week she can claim approx £60k a year, tax-free. 

She doesn’t actually even need to physically turn up, she can claim for online meetings. 

That’s not including travel, accommodation and food expenses, all paid for. 

https://www.parliament.uk/globalassets/documents/lords-finance-office/2022-23/members-guide-april-2023-web-version.pdf

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Because by turning up 3 times a week she can claim approx £60k a year, tax-free. 

She doesn’t actually even need to physically turn up, she can claim for online meetings. 

That’s not including travel, accommodation and food expenses, all paid for. 

https://www.parliament.uk/globalassets/documents/lords-finance-office/2022-23/members-guide-april-2023-web-version.pdf

Where can I apply?