Politics

Christmas Tree

19 hours ago, Renton said:

"We must defeat the axis of authoritarian regimes threatening the free world".

By installing an authoritarian (Trump) with the support of an authoritarian (Putin). Fucking cunts.

The same Republicans who are pushing project 2025 which will effectively hand over the power of everything to the president directly, with zero checks and balances :lol:

• Like 2

We’ve got a ‘Meet the Ministers’ call with John Glen and Esther McVeigh. Let me know if you’ve any questions you’d like me to submit 👍🏻

6 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

I watched her for a bit on QT last night. It was from prime red wall territory in Donacaster. A couple of observations:

• She was openly mocked with the entire audience in stitches at her position of "minister for common sense". Even Bruce was royally taking the piss. One of the other panellists asked if her office was next top the ministry for silly walks :lol:. She was completely humiliated. No doubt she will claim she was bulled. 
  • A gammony looking older man in the audience asked, regarding levelling up and immigration, if we should be honest and admit Brexit was a mistake. If someone had done this a couple of years ago, he would have been ripped apart. He was applauded. The tide is turning on this, it is no longer a weapon for the tory cunts. 
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

We’ve got a ‘Meet the Ministers’ call with John Glen and Esther McVeigh. Let me know if you’ve any questions you’d like me to submit 👍🏻

Ask Esther if her office is next to the office for the ministry for silly walks?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

I watched her for a bit on QT last night. It was from prime red wall territory in Donacaster. A couple of observations:

• She was openly mocked with the entire audience in stitches at her position of "minister for common sense". Even Bruce was royally taking the piss. One of the other panellists asked if her office was next top the ministry for silly walks :lol:. She was completely humiliated. No doubt she will claim she was bulled. 
  • A gammony looking older man in the audience asked, regarding levelling up and immigration, if we should be honest and admit Brexit was a mistake. If someone had done this a couple of years ago, he would have been ripped apart. He was applauded. The tide is turning on this, it is no longer a weapon for the tory cunts. 

I think that (amongst other things( has killed them as a party. Whether they can rise from the ashes remains to be seen. By that I mean they win the election on Brexit but only because it hadn’t happened. But when it did and it exacerbated the problems of covid and inflation, all they did was double down on the bullshit. I think it was Gemmill who said something about their being able to lie about the future but you can’t lie about the past and present when people have been hit in the pocket. McVeigh’s not particularly bright but she embodies the sociopathic, ideologically driven Tory party which, in doing anything to gain power, has ultimately caught up with them. Shame it took a decade and a half 

• Like 4

it's not the tory party anymore and it will get worse for them before it gets better. the base still think they can win with the headbangers in charge, so i fully expect at least one more election cycle before they're able to purge the loonies and emerge from the ashes as a serious party again 

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it's not the tory party anymore and it will get worse for them before it gets better. the base still think they can win with the headbangers in charge, so i fully expect at least one more election cycle before they're able to purge the loonies and emerge from the ashes as a serious party again 

That’s the other thing. The members who pick the leader are well off middle-aged / old men (in the whole). They’ve been insulated from the issues of Brexit and the cost of living crisis in the main and last time round picked person they’d most like to shag / knock one off to. Sunak’s cattled but he’s a significant upgrade on Truss. But they’d have gone for Johnson again before Sunak. They’re possibly the only group in the country more out of touch than the parliamentary party 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think that (amongst other things( has killed them as a party. Whether they can rise from the ashes remains to be seen. By that I mean they win the election on Brexit but only because it hadn’t happened. But when it did and it exacerbated the problems of covid and inflation, all they did was double down on the bullshit. I think it was Gemmill who said something about their being able to lie about the future but you can’t lie about the past and present when people have been hit in the pocket. McVeigh’s not particularly bright but she embodies the sociopathic, ideologically driven Tory party which, in doing anything to gain power, has ultimately caught up with them. Shame it took a decade and a half 

Absolutely. I know I keep banging on about it but the lies ultimately catch up on you and destroy you. This is true in people's personal lives as well as in politics. Issues like climate change, for instance. Empires have fallen because leaders would not tell the truth. You can't deny reality. Reality is there whether you like it or not. The 2019 GE was based on a lie, fronted by the biggest liar of the lot. Now we are all paying, and people can't lie about it anymore, because they can't afford to eat properly or heat the house anymore. Pretty hard to ignore being cold and hungry.

The other thing Johnson in particularly did was remove all competence from the party, purging the party of what little talent they had. Now they're not even good liars.

I can't help reflecting on the passing of Darling. Him and Brown actually handled the global crash incredibly well and professionally, reduced the damage it inflicted on the UK and actually had us back in growth before the tories snuffed that out with a decade of austerity. They were taken down by the liars in the conservative party and their client press. Not helped by what Brown said to the old lady. We always wonder what the true sliding door moment was in our decline. In truth, there are probably many, but Brown forgetting to switch the mic off was a huge one. And, where I agree with @Rayvin, the mistake was for Labour to not challenge the lie until it was so entrenched it was not possible. I hope once in power Starmer has the strengh to genuinely challenge the lies of the conservative and unionist party. We'll soon see.

Oops, gone off on one again. tl/dr: truth is important, tories are lying cunts. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

A lass I went to school with actually ended up as Twatt’s librarian :lol:

Why don't you look her up?

• Haha 1