Politics

Christmas Tree

13 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Are students and people on work visas "immigrants"? Aren't immigrants by very definition illegal migrants? They're basically going out of their way to piss off legal and working migrants (who pay tax and NI as far as I am aware, thus helping the economy and paying towards their NHS healthcare etc), just to stop anyone from overseas coming into the country because they have run out of ideas on how to deal with genuine immigration other than to scream "small boats" over and over on the news.

19 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Are students and people on work visas "immigrants"? Aren't immigrants by very definition illegal migrants? They're basically going out of their way to piss off legal and working migrants (who pay tax and NI as far as I am aware, thus helping the economy and paying towards their NHS healthcare etc), just to stop anyone from overseas coming into the country because they have run out of ideas on how to deal with genuine immigration other than to scream "small boats" over and over on the news.

No.

It’s bollocks anyway. They’ve been talking a ‘good’ game (in terms of getting immigration down) with rhetoric like this for what seems like forever now. Whilst doing the exact opposite (to record levels) in practice anyway. Even if you’re a full on gammon Daily Heil devotee you would probably recognise it was under more control when we were still in the EU and there was freedom of movement. 

Surprise, surprise, the economists were right about Brexit. I was surprised at the time when the largest part of this 5% cut Brexit inflicted on our GDP was actually predicted from the loss of FoM rather than tairffs on export and non-tariff barriers. This prediction has been spot on.

The mistake was thinking FoM was immigration. It isn't/wasn't, it was internal migration within a singular trading block. Really no more different to me moving to London or Edinburgh for work. EU "migrants" came here to do all sorts of work, from holiday bar jobs to neuroscientist brain surgeons. Some settled, but many, many did it for life expererience and moved back home. They massively contributed to our economy, far more than non-EU immigrants, who tend to travel with dependents and tend not to go home, as stangely they don't want to move back to a developing country they're from. And of course it was a two-way street, providing valuable life experiences for our own young and professionals. What is more, as the Eastern block countries levelled up, as was always intended, the pressure of FoM naturally adapted. The best of all worlds.

I do wonder how many of these gammons actually regret the huge influx of permenent workers from India and Africa over the temporary workers from Europe? I also made the point a couple of weeks ago that our GDP is not increasing, whereas out populatio is. This means our GDP per capita is in decline and we are all getting poorer. Which was not seen when we were in th EU. I don't think this is now fixable, the tories have completely fucked everything up. 

Oh, I might add, now the tories want to block immigration for all but high value jobs. WHy has nobody noticed the implication of this? Low value jobs are therefore exclusively reserved for the "native" plebs. Genius. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Alex said:

It’s bollocks anyway. They’ve been talking a ‘good’ game (in terms of getting immigration down) with rhetoric like this for what seems like forever now. Whilst doing the exact opposite (to record levels) in practice anyway. Even if you’re a full on gammon Daily Heil devotee you would probably recognise it was under more control when we were still in the EU and there was freedom of movement. 

Your average racist is less interested in brown Doctors and Nurses (which this policy will impact) and cares more about the illegals coming in on boats (which this policy will do fuck all about). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Immigration Minister Jenrick has resigned cos the Rwanda bill wasn't cunty enough for him. Fucking hilarious that that little prick has been acting as Braverman's avatar since she went. He'll be Chancellor if she ever ends up PM.

Anyway more twatful shite ffrom this lot tonight.

Didn't Jenrick use to be relatively normal? As did Dowden once? What happens to these cunts, is it some sort of right wing arse hole virus they contract? Fucking rife in the US too, look at the likes of Giuliani. 

Nah I think he's always been a venal cunt. Wasn't he up to no good with influencing planning permissions on something a while back.

Him, Dowden and Sunak came up together. Three little weirdos finding out how shit they all are at this politics business.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Immigration Minister Jenrick has resigned cos the Rwanda bill wasn't cunty enough for him. Fucking hilarious that that little prick has been acting as Braverman's avatar since she went. He'll be Chancellor if she ever ends up PM.

Anyway more twatful shite ffrom this lot tonight.

He probably wanted to paint it on walls tbh

10 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

These people don’t care about being viewed as corrupt, they only care if there are any consequences for them…. 

"I don't know what happened to my WhatsApp messages, mate"

You deleted them Boris you fat, floppy haired dildo.

Surely there is tech available to recover them though?

8 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

It'll just be trying to pretend he's in control on Rwanda. They're going to cling on to power as long as possible in the hope that things turn around for them.

Aye. Just anounced two newe ministers, one for "illegal" immigration and one for legal immigration. Haven't heard of either of these fuckers before, scraping the barrel now. 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Yeah, this is him trying to get back control of the narrative. Cos nothing says I'm in control like having to call impromptu press conferences every couple of weeks.

Hmm. What’s your prediction for what he’ll say? 🤔

• Haha 1