Newcastle United vs Sunderland Match Thread

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Sunderland press and close down they can be really irritating and difficult to play against. They thrive on that scrappiness, we NEED to match them in this and give them absolutely no time on the ball. Sammy needs to be drilled on his defensive duties and be willing to help out with Johnson who is easily their best player. If Sammy can help out Santon there with keeping him quiet I think it will go a long way towards a good result.

We will score. Yes Remy is out and Cabaye has gone, but we have too much quality and create too many chances not to get at least a goal (something I'm sure Pardew will have accounted for given the 0-0 Norwich). Need to keep heads as per. I'd like to think that Tiote has matured a bit this season and his discipline hasn't been that bad (comparatively), but I have no doubt that the mackems will be out to wind him up. Perhaps the thinnest silver lining of Remy being sent off last game is that Pardew may have highlighted the importance of not rising to the opposition when they are acting like twats with cheeky digs (wouldn't mind a meaty tackle on Borini early on mind just to check him... can't stand the little cretin).

We need a win I think. Pardew needs to get the derby monkey (I don't mean Poyet) off his back for one, but the club needs a lift after this week. Hopefully we can capitalise on their tiredness from their recent match schedule.

Head says 1-1

Heart says 2-1

Edited by ADP

The team we are fielding today is not nearly good enough to beat even Sunderland, lacks both creativity and someone to score... Oh, someone said Shola will score? Dont make me laugh...

Just saw an unbelievable stat on FF considering the amount of games he has played - Ben Arfa is 4th highest successful dribbler this year in the PL. Big game for him today as well.

Edited by ADP

Dixon saying Debuchy might be surprised to find himself so far up the pitch for that effort

hes clearly done his research

And then questions why Johnson didn't go directly for goal from an indirect free kick :lol: