Newcastle United vs Sunderland Match Thread

Kid Dynamite

We've appealed Loic Remy's red card although I'm not sure of the implications of doing so. It may allow him to play on Satuday regardless of the result of the appeal or they may just slap an extra match on.

Perhaps if we were a Chelsea or a Manchester City the appeal would be succesfull but I imagine the F.A will just laugh as us.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd imagine that a decision will be reached before Saturday. It'll not be overturned but at the same time I can't see them adding an extra game on the grounds that the appeal is frivolous.

With Cabbage leaving and noone else coming in we'll struggle I fear.

3-0 to us.

:lol: I'd take that like.

I'm actually looking forward to this one, for the first time in years. I usually hate derby days - I can't stand the faux-aggression and the hordes of fans that emerge from the woodwork for their one game of the season.

I reckon we'll probably play out a 1-1 and both sides would probably take it.

Mackems have made 5 signings so far this month. We are hoping De Jong can hit the ground running but if any of their new players start then they will be wanting to make an impression as well.

:lol: Aye he's always a good shout for a possible sending off. Mind I thought last time we played them he was one of the best performers that day.

Shite not having Remy for this one, just really hope Gouffran can play and De Jong hits the ground running like some of our recent signings. The thing to remember is despite getting a few draws and wins recently they're still a terrible side, a loss to these at home would be thoroughly embarrassing.

As much of a liability he can be at times I actually think Cattermole gave them a boost on derby day as the head case was clearly passionate about it, hopefully they miss that this game and we can set about playing our passing style (like the Norwich game) without lowering ourselves to their level.

I work in Mackemland and Im sick of hearing their bleating. They've said fuck all for a year and now they're back from under their cheesy rocks. We're fairly muted and rightly so as you say. Hate these games at times but dont think its a forgone conclusion.

I work in Mackemland and Im sick of hearing their bleating. They've said fuck all for a year and now they're back from under their cheesy rocks. We're fairly muted and rightly so as you say. Hate these games at times but dont think its a forgone conclusion.

One of the Mackem muppets at Warburtons bakery ,where I do a contract, was giving it Billy Big Bollocks last Saturday , so I gently reminded him that whilst their last couple of results have been laudable, as a city we have been bending them over and fucking them for 500 years, since Trinity House got the Royal Charter.

He didn't have a clue what I was on about, but it did the trick as the look of wounded confusion on his genetic disaster of a face testified.

:lol:

I think they gave a shit in the last two games to be fair.

We were the better side until they scored at SJP last season, then pressurised them almost to breaking point (including scoring a perfectly good goal that was incorrectly ruled offside). They scored their second on the break and our heads sank, but I'd hardly say we didn't give a shit.

Similarly in the game at their place, we responded really well to going 1-0 down and could quite easily have won it. Their first was a clear foul and their second came after the linesman and referee came to two different decisions and confused the f*ck out of everyone.

Look at the stats for the two games:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22056537

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24599741

More shots, more possession, more shots on target. It's easy to judge a performance based on the result alone and our defending left a lot to be desired, but we definitely gave a shit in both games.

Wouldn't mind if we start with the same line up we did against Norwich with Shola in place of Remy

Newcastle-United-v-Sunder-001.jpg

I know about Shola having the hex over them but if hes not injured Cisse should start iyam....rest of the side picks itself i.e. the side that started v Norwich bar Remy.

Am off to bed.. 367 miles for a fuckin lunchtime kickoff tomorrow, up at 0415 -_-

am presuming his injury was due to a possible and now unlikely transfer the other night?...

Edited by PaddockLad

Newcastle United

Y Gouffran

Muscle Injury

1st Feb 14

Late Fit Test

G Obertan

Knee Injury

no return date

P Cisse

Back Injury

1st Feb 14