Flight MH370 / Flight MH17

trophyshy

I tend to agree with Kin, up to a point.

I don't think it's landed anywhere, for the reasons Wor Kin has said, but, given the general area it's disappeared in, I reckon we are seeing the opening moves of the RETURN OF GODZILLA!!!

This time she's bigger and she's eating planes.

Simple when you look at the evidence.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at this airport on Google Earth. The pilot did all the right things. He was confronted by some major event onboard that made him make an immediate turn to the closest, safest airport.

For me, the loss of transponders and communications makes perfect sense in a fire. And there most likely was an electrical fire. In the case of a fire, the first response is to pull the main busses and restore circuits one by one until you have isolated the bad one. If they pulled the busses, the plane would go silent. It probably was a serious event and the flight crew was occupied with controlling the plane and trying to fight the fire. Aviate, navigate, and lastly, communicate is the mantra in such situations.

There are two types of fires. An electrical fire might not be as fast and furious, and there may or may not be incapacitating smoke. However there is the possibility, given the timeline, that there was an overheat on one of the front landing gear tires, it blew on takeoff and started slowly burning. Yes, this happens with underinflated tires. Remember: Heavy plane, hot night, sea level, long-run takeoff. There was a well known accident in Nigeria of a DC8 that had a landing gear fire on takeoff. Once going, a tire fire would produce horrific, incapacitating smoke. Yes, pilots have access to oxygen masks, but this is a no-no with fire. Most have access to a smoke hood with a filter, but this will last only a few minutes depending on the smoke level. (I used to carry one in my flight bag, and I still carry one in my briefcase when I fly.)

What I think happened is the flight crew was overcome by smoke and the plane continued on the heading, probably on George (autopilot), until it ran out of fuel or the fire destroyed the control surfaces and it crashed. You will find it along that route–looking elsewhere is pointless.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

from a pilot with tons of flight experience, seems the most plausible of all the theories i've heard, albeit far less sensational/"newsworthy"....not sure why but this has come out with a white back ground.

Edited by tooner

If it was along that route it would have been found.

unless it kept going until it ran out of fuel, in which case they aren't looking far enough away.

If a Boeing 777 skidded down a major road outside your house in the middle of the night wouldn't you tell someone about it? Maybe you'd even want to take a photo of it and post it online. Or would you just shrug your shoulders and fuck off back to bed and hoped it wouldn't be there in the morning? :lol:

North Korea doesn't even let you have a street light at night, never mind access to the Internet or smart phones. We aren't talking about the plane landing at CDG airport

North Korea doesn't even let you have a street light at night, never mind access to the Internet or smart phones. We aren't talking about the plane landing at CDG airport

North Korea and that region (Northern Asia) is the most observed territorial area in the world. It's not like relying on shit radar systems from Malaysia or Thailand in South-East Asia which is why there hasn't been a resolution to this mystery. Had it flown in or around North Korea it would have been detected immediately or soon after. Japan have high tech spy satellites watching closely - an ability to watch both in day and night. We all know (or presume) the greater capabilities that America possesses in this area too. And South Korea would know anything that comes and goes from North Korea. They'd know if a four foot missile has launched so detecting a Boeing 777 entering that airspace would not go unnoticed.

Character checks on all passengers have cleared them as suspected hijackers - all except the Russians and Ukranians - but why would they want to involve themselves? There is nothing sinister going on here.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malaysia-airlines-mh370-debris-search-to-resume-in-morning-1.2579606

Australian military aircraft flew over a remote area in the southern Indian Ocean and a cargo vessel was rerouted there to determine whether two large floating objects spotted by satellite are pieces of wreckage from a Malaysian jet missing for almost two weeks.

The search, which included four planes, has ended for the day but will resume in the morning.

No certain wreckage from Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 has been found since it disappeared on March 8, sparking one of the largest search efforts in aviation history and raising questions about what happened to the plane carrying 239 people.