Flight MH370 / Flight MH17

trophyshy

Well, except the no fly zone was for 32,000 feet, and they were flying at 33,000 feet to save about 15 mins journey time. I mean yeah, they're not breaching the NFZ, but they're cutting it pretty damn close.

Not that they were the only ones.

The no-fly zone is all bollocks man. A Ukrainian cargo plane (I mistakingly thought it was a fighter jet) got shot down on Monday and It was flying at an altitude of 22,000 feet. MH17 was flying at 33,000 feet but these SA series missiles can hit targets at an altitude of 70,000 feet. You would have thought that the downing of the Ukrainian cargo plane on Monday was enough warning of potential danger. Possibly?

Many carriers have avoided the airspace since April. Malaysia Airlines along with a few others decided to bank on the fact nobody could be irresponsible enough to mistaken an airbus for a military cargo/transport plane, and the fact that those on the ground didn't have such sophisticated weaponry to reach such altitudes. They'd rather that risk than pay extra for fuel that would've been required to divert away from the area to get to their respective destinations.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ukrainian authorities have released what they say are intercepted phone conversations between pro-Russian separatists and what appear to be Russian military officers saying that separatists shot down Malaysia Airlines flight MH17.

The Ukrainian Security Service put the Russian-language conversations on YouTube within hours of the crash.

The veracity of the recordings cannot be confirmed,

First recording

[Male voice, identified as separatist leader Igor Bezler] The group of the Miner [an alias] has just shot down a plane, which came down just behind Yenakiyevo.

[Col Geranin] Pilots. Where are the pilots?

[bezler] Gone to search for and photograph the plane. It's smoking.

[second male voice, identified as Russian military intelligence Colonel Vasily Geranin] How many minutes ago?

[bezler] About 30 minutes ago.

Second recording

[Male voice, captioned as "The Greek" ] Yes, Major.

[Major] Well, the Chernukhino lads shot down the plane.

[Greek] Who shot it down?

[Major] From the Chernukhino roadblock. The Cossacks at Chernukhino.

[Greek] Yes, Major.

[Major] Well, the plane fell apart in the air, near the Pertropavlovskaya coal mine. The first casualty 200 [military jargon for dead body] has been found. A civilian.

[Greek] Well, what do you have there?

[Major] Basically it was 100% a civilian aircraft.

[Greek] Are many people there?

[Major] [Curses] The debris fell right into backyard.

[Greek] What kind of aircraft?

[Major] I have not figured this out yet because I haven't been close to the main body of the debris. I am only looking where the first bodies began to fall. There are the remnants of inner brackets, chairs and bodies there.

[Greek] I see. Any weaponry there?

[Major] Nothing at all. Civilian things, medical bits and bobs, towels, toilet paper.

[Greek] Any documents?

[Major] Yes. From an Indonesian student. From Thompson University [curses].

Third recording

[Male voice, identified as a fighter] Regarding the plane shot down in the area of Snezhnoye-Torez. It's a civilian one. Fell down near Grabovo. There are lots of corpses of women and children. The Cossacks are out there looking at all this.

They say on TV it's a Ukrainian AN-26 transport plane, but they say it's got Malaysia Airlines written on the plane. What was it doing in Ukrainian territory?

[Male voice, identified as Cossack commander Nikolai Kozitsyn] That means they were carrying spies. They shouldn't be [curses] flying. There is a war going on.

Social media, bringing the world a fine selection of clueless cunts.

10372797_735495003156082_433523706834890

Spoilered, as it's some fuckwit trying to make a joke about the two Newcastle lads who died in the air crash.

Not disgraceful at all. Flying over hostile territory is ridiculous. Inexcusable. These "Russian seperatists'' are just street thugs. They don't have any proper protocol to follow. The fact they are armed with such deadly weapons is of most concern, but international aviation authorities having allowed flights over unsafe tertitory is more so for me. Malaysia Airlines has a lot to answer for again.

You're the only person I've heard blame the airline ad your first thought rather than the perpetrators. You then made your prejudice even more clear by calling it "third world". Plenty of other airlines have confirmed they were using that route, If it had happened to another major airline would you have made that comment? Would you fuck.

You're the only person I've heard blame the airline ad your first thought rather than the perpetrators. You then made your prejudice even more clear by calling it "third world". Plenty of other airlines have confirmed they were using that route, If it had happened to another major airline would you have made that comment? Would you fuck.

No idea what your on about mate. "Blame the airline ad your first thought rather than perpetrators"... what the fuck does that mean you clown? Only you can decipher that.

I blame the airline, yes. I blame them for putting passengers at risk. I blame those who decided to allow this flight to take the course it did over hostile territory.

I find it amusing how gutless you were to take me on with this issue in the forum earlier. You are happy to parade amongst idiots like Wolfy, but members who can put up worthy arguments you aren't exactly accomodating.

Read the second post I made after this incident moron. Read it. It was with Meenzer. I broadened my statement and accepted my error in discussion. I accepted what I said was too direct.

Edited by Ken

I understand this part. And yes I would have.

Aye, right. Lufthansa, Singapore, air India, and Virgin Atlantic are all 'third world' airlines now are they? As well as dozens of other carriers according to the BBC. It was pure luck it was air Malaysia that was taken out rather than one of these.

And as for MH370, are you somehow privy to what happened there. If not, how do you know it was the airline's negligence?

The other carriers who chose to continue with this route deserve castigation as well. I thought I made this clear. I'm sure the passengers of these airlines who flew this route would agree.

I'm not sure if you truly understand this but reputation is everything in the air travel world. You have one calamity followed by another, if this were a private comapny it would have already been liquidated.

I've said this probably ten times now - it obviously hasn't registered. The carrier should have avoided the area as it is a trouble spot.

In a cruel and unpredictable turn of events, one Australian woman has lost relatives in two Malaysian Airlines disasters.

When Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 went missing in March of this year, Kaylene Mann’s brother was on board, along with his wife.

When Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was shot down yesterday over Ukraine, Kaylene Mann’s stepdaughter, Maree Rizk, was on board, returning from a month-long European holiday. Mann received this news earlier today.

Rizk and her husband Albert were from Melbourne, and were involved in the Sunbury Football Club. President of the Football Club, Phil Lithgow, described them as “lovely people… very generous with their time in the community.”

Kaylene Mann’s brother, Greg Burrows, says, “It’s just… ripped our guts again.”

It’s truly the worst luck imaginable.

Amazingly, Burrows doesn’t resent the airline, saying the second accident was “out of their hands.”

The other carriers who chose to continue with this route deserve castigation as well. I thought I made this clear. I'm sure the passengers of these airlines who flew this route would agree.

I'm not sure if you truly understand this but reputation is everything in the air travel world. You have one calamity followed by another, if this were a private comapny it would have already been liquidated.

I've said this probably ten times now - it obviously hasn't registered. The carrier should have avoided the area as it is a trouble spot.

Not denying that Air Malaysia is finished now, of course it is. How much of that us the airline's fault though is up to debate and speculation.

But, in my opinion, the way you condemned the airline before the terrorists responsible, and the words you used, says a lot about your character, as does the fact you have bought up it is a national rather than private carrier in this very post.

I'm not going to add any more because I don't think this thread at this time is the right place for this. Call that cowardly if you like, but my opinion of you is quite clear.

Not denying that Air Malaysia is finished now, of course it is. How much of that us the airline's fault though is up to debate and speculation.

But, in my opinion, the way you condemned the airline before the terrorists responsible, and the words you used, says a lot about your character, as does the fact you have bought up it is a national rather than private carrier in this very post.

I'm not going to add any more because I don't think this thread at this time is the right place for this. Call that cowardly if you like, but my opinion of you is quite clear.

Why did it fly the route it did? Are you really that thick?

Malaysia Airlines is a government-owned majority company. Does it not reflect on them, even the very slightest?

No need to add more. It is just gibberish.

Sorry, can't resist adding that you're accusing me of talking gibberish after your performance last night? :lol:

And I make no apologies. Has happened before, may happen again. My opinions, expressed drunk or sober are the same, only diference is the delivery of it. On this occasion you have delivered opinions that are garbage. Now do as you stated and refrain from commenting again.

Without completely backing Ken, I don't think its wrong to point out that "sensible" airlines like BA took the decision to not overfly the area. Those that did aren't necessarily "cheapo/third world" ones as Ken implied but I would ask them if they did consider it. I think "the authorities said it was okay" shouldn't be an easy copout.

russian roulette (for some).

264rm3b.jpg

BA (amongst others) have been avoiding that route for a few weeks now - probably about the time the separatists were reported to of apparently liberated a fair bit of sophisticated kit form a Ukrainian arms depo.

And I make no apologies. Has happened before, may happen again. My opinions, expressed drunk or sober are the same, only diference is the delivery of it. On this occasion you have delivered opinions that are garbage. Now do as you stated and refrain from commenting again.

You make no apologies for accusing a man with a brain tumour of being on the wind up? Can we just ban this awful, awful cunt of a man please?