Flight MH370 / Flight MH17

trophyshy

Hardly their fault they're using a standard flight path. There's Qatar, Singapore, Thai, Air India etc. planes in the same airspace as I write this.

All are guilty of compromising the safety of their passengers. Hostile territory. Fighter plane shot down yesterday, so it was potential for disaster that has been met today. The fact it is another Malaysia Airlines airbus puts that company at serious risk now. Their repuation is in complete ruin now.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All are guilty of compromising the safety of their passengers. Hostile territory. Fighter plane shot down yesterday, so it was potential for disaster that has been met today. The fact it is another Malaysia Airlines airbus puts that company at serious risk now. Their repuation is in complete ruin now.

They may well bite the dust because people are idiots, I agree. Brands can become toxic for all kinds of reasons.

I assume the fighter plane was flying at slightly lower than 33,000 feet.

Not sure why this airliner was on a flight path that was over hostile territory, particularly after a Ukrainian fighter jet was shot down yesterday not far away from this location. Malaysia Airlines is fucking third world and can never be trusted again.

Talk about jumping in feet first without knowing the full facts. Disgraceful comment.

Whether it's fair or not, Malaysian Airlines is badly fucked. 2 massive incidents in 4 months. People don't forget.

Dire incident.

I don't know a great deal about RADAR, but wouldn't a 777 have a different profile than, say, a military transpor? or are they sufficiently similar for someone to make a tragic error?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw Graing's post.

What a tragedy.

Edited by The Fish

I don't know a great deal about RADAR, but wouldn't a 777 have a different profile than, say, a military transpor? or are they sufficiently similar for someone to make a tragic error?

What a tragedy.

He's rescinded his comments now. I assume radar wasn't used, it's a case of point and shoot with a SAM missile id imagine. The bigger worry is Russia providing pro Russia separatists in Ukraine with weapons like this. It's effectively an act of war on behalf of Russia. WW3 around the corner?

Also very bizarre that it's the 2nd Malaysian airlines incident. Hearing rumours it had strayed from its flight path too

He's rescinded his comments now. I assume radar wasn't used, it's a case of point and shoot with a SAM missile id imagine. The bigger worry is Russia providing pro Russia separatists in Ukraine with weapons like this. It's effectively an act of war on behalf of Russia. WW3 around the corner?

Also very bizarre that it's the 2nd Malaysian airlines incident. Hearing rumours it had strayed from its flight path too

He's rescinded after he heard it was commercial and not an An-26. Apparently he posted videos with his earlier post - then scrubbed it.

Very, very worrying. Could just be coincidence about the previous missing plane (bound to be in fact), but what the fuck is Putin playing at here...

Can only conclude that this was done independently of the Kremlin. 250 people though, there should be hell to pay for that. Perverse as throwing more lives after those already lost would be...

What a tragedy.

Exactly! all civilian planes have different radar profile. So it's hardly Malaysian airlines fault.

Well, except the no fly zone was for 32,000 feet, and they were flying at 33,000 feet to save about 15 mins journey time. I mean yeah, they're not breaching the NFZ, but they're cutting it pretty damn close.

Not that they were the only ones.

Edited by Rayvin

It seems that the flight was routed over the location of the BUK missiles by the Ukraine...

Don't really know what to make of that... they can't possibly have known that the rebels would shoot it down. Although you have to think, it's the Ukraine that benefits from this - no one else does. They're a lot closed to having allied forces involved now than they were prior to it happening.

That said, I don't think they did it. Much more likely it was the rebels, especially given that they claimed responsibility. I wonder if the Ukraine expected it though...

I thought there were 20 Americans?

And yes, I agree. The EU has a responsibility to stop this nonsense. It might even legitimise itself in the process...

Edited by Rayvin

154 Dutch nationals, 27 Australians, 23 Malaysians, 11 Indonesians

Six Britons, four Germans, four Belgians, three from the Philippines and one Canadian

All 15 of the crew were Malaysian

Talk about jumping in feet first without knowing the full facts. Disgraceful comment.

Not disgraceful at all. Flying over hostile territory is ridiculous. Inexcusable. These "Russian seperatists'' are just street thugs. They don't have any proper protocol to follow. The fact they are armed with such deadly weapons is of most concern, but international aviation authorities having allowed flights over unsafe tertitory is more so for me. Malaysia Airlines has a lot to answer for again.

Vlad Putin further confirming what an arsehole he is;

"Ukraine started this to begin with by not allowing Russia to cede parts of the country. If they had done this to begin with then we would not have had to give our brothers in Ukraine weapons of such capability and all this could have been avoided."

http://www.smh.com.au/world/vladimir-putin-blames-ukraine-for-mh17-tragedy-20140718-zua9b.html

The world is a much more dangerous place today following this.

Someone must act to shut these fuckers down.

If Putin does nothing, this could really take off.

We all need to remember what happened 100 years ago following the shooting of an Archduke.

This scares the shit out of me.