The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

Wonder how much Cisse went for?

This mean we're getting another striker in?

Mitro, Gayle, Perez, Armstrong

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Gayle is Cisses replacement tbh

It's an upgrade, but I'd still like another striker in. I'd expect Perez to play deeper or to go entirely, if that's the case we'd have Armstrong, Gayle and Mitrovic. Armstrong and Gayle are sufficiently similar to cover each other, but if it were me, I'd want someone like Mitrovic in case the madman gets a lengthy ban or injury.

It's an upgrade, but I'd still like another striker in. I'd expect Perez to play deeper or to go entirely, if that's the case we'd have Armstrong, Gayle and Mitrovic. Armstrong and Gayle are sufficiently similar to cover each other, but if it were me, I'd want someone like Mitrovic in case the madman gets a lengthy ban or injury.

image_zpsxv7gy5rr.jpeg

Suprised about the signing of Hayden, I presumed it would be a loan but I'll trust Rafa's judgement

Hanley has been reported 'injured' and will miss Blackburns pre season game, it looks like he's signing too

Reported that we want another striker to replace Cisse despite bringing Gayle in

Edited by gpirlo68

I see Thauvin is with the squad for pre-season training in Ireland, I wonder if Rafa can get anything out of him. So what has happened to Cabella? I remember hearing something about him having an agreed fee to move so I assume that has happened but haven't heard owt about it.

I see Thauvin is with the squad for pre-season training in Ireland, I wonder if Rafa can get anything out of him. So what has happened to Cabella? I remember hearing something about him having an agreed fee to move so I assume that has happened but haven't heard owt about it.

Quietly Confirmed to Marseille for 6.3 million

OF Cabella and Thauvin I'd have preferred us to still have Cabella. Thauvin looks too slow to have much of an impact.

I figured as much, cheers Andrew! I agree with OTF, I think I'd rather Cabella out the two of them just think he needed longer to settle in than he had.

Hayden seems more like a defensive midfielder than centreback. Glad it's a permanent deal. Don't see the point of us signing a youngster on loan from arsenal. Unless it's someone who's going to be a definite starter it doesn't really benefit either of us too much. He wasn't a guaranteed starter for Hull so I'm not really expecting him to go straight in for us.

Hayden seems more like a defensive midfielder than centreback. Glad it's a permanent deal. Don't see the point of us signing a youngster on loan from arsenal. Unless it's someone who's going to be a definite starter it doesn't really benefit either of us too much. He wasn't a guaranteed starter for Hull so I'm not really expecting him to go straight in for us.

Hull were pretty well stocked at Defensive Mid, weren't they? Livermore, Huddlestone, Meyler and Diame?

Hull were pretty well stocked at Defensive Mid, weren't they? Livermore, Huddlestone, Meyler and Diame?

True but none of them are brilliant (Diame plays further forward I think). They're decent but I'd say anyone who couldn't get a game ahead of them wouldn't be someone who we'd be expecting to walk into the team and I don't see the point of loaning someone who isn't that.

Obviously we've signed him on a permanent deal as it happens and I suspect Rafa is thinking of him as someone who he can mould into a first team player. The comments I've seen about him from Arsenal and Hull fans have all been pretty positive.

True but none of them are brilliant (Diame plays further forward I think). They're decent but I'd say anyone who couldn't get a game ahead of them wouldn't be someone who we'd be expecting to walk into the team and I don't see the point of loaning someone who isn't that.

Obviously we've signed him on a permanent deal as it happens and I suspect Rafa is thinking of him as someone who he can mould into a first team player. The comments I've seen about him from Arsenal and Hull fans have all been pretty positive.

Aye, I think 18 games for Bruce's Hull in the Championship is an ok starting platform, but no guarantee that he can make the next step up and command a starting place.

That said, if the challengers for his position are Jack Colback, Vurnon Anita and Gael Bigirimana, I'd expect him to get more game time than he did at Hull.

Aye, I think 18 games for Bruce's Hull in the Championship is an ok starting platform, but no guarantee that he can make the next step up and command a starting place.

That said, if the challengers for his position are Jack Colback, Vurnon Anita and Gael Bigirimana, I'd expect him to get more game time than he did at Hull.

Depends on whether Tiote goes (I think he will), whether Saivet can do anything (not sure) and where Rafa sees Shelvey fitting in. I think there's a good chance he'll get a decent amount of games and I'm hopefull he'll be a good signing. My only issue was how it would work with Arsenal if it was a loan. Which it isn't.

I see we're being linked with Ibe today. Isn't he a right winger? Don't really understand that after signing Ritchie. And I'm not keen on spending the £15m Bournmouth have apparently already offered.

Depends on whether Tiote goes (I think he will), whether Saivet can do anything (not sure) and where Rafa sees Shelvey fitting in. I think there's a good chance he'll get a decent amount of games and I'm hopefull he'll be a good signing. My only issue was how it would work with Arsenal if it was a loan. Which it isn't.

I see we're being linked with Ibe today. Isn't he a right winger? Don't really understand that after signing Ritchie. And I'm not keen on spending the £15m Bournmouth have apparently already offered.

Unless he's looking to play a 4-3-3 with Perez/Gayle Mitrovic and Ibe?

Ritchie playing a more central role than he has been previously? He's not quick, by all accounts so he could shift into the centre?

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic