The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

Friday brought confirmation that Newcastle midfielder Mehdi Abeid has made a permanent switch to Greek side Panathinaikos for an undisclosed fee.

The subject of interest from German side Fortuna Dusseldorf last month, Abeid was known to favour returning to the club where he spent a successful loan spell in the 2013/14 season.

I cannot believe he chose Panathinaikos and Greece over Fortuna Dusseldorf and Germany!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember reading Dusseldorf is the bondage/s&m party capital of Deutschland, is that not the case???

I suppose that makes sense - where there's tedious businessmen with money, there's filth

iirc Happy Face predicted there would be about 50m to spend on new players this window. If thats right, then we can expect any further transfers to be funded from departures. I think we'd need the majority of Williamson, Bigirama, Gouffran, Marveaux and Vukcic to leave before we sign another first teamer.

He had at least two consecutive seasons where major injuries saw him out of action for extended periods. Has obvious talents, though speed was never one of them.

slow as fuck wasnt he?

After the injuries it certainly seemed that way, though big players can sometimes look slower than they actually are.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic