Gejon.

catmag

Agree with Ewerk there, imagined this was birthday thread. Only met him once in the Trent I think and he seemed canny, no indication he was ill on here either.RIP Jon. :(

Edited by Renton

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to sort something for both forums maybe via my PayPal. I'll send flowers and then the rest could go to Sir Bobby's charity in his memory.

I used to wind him up about oots and he always took it for what it was, banter. Proper upsetting, genuinely loved the toon you could tell. One of the few kids on these forums better looking than me.

I used to wind him up about oots and he always took it for what it was, banter. Proper upsetting, genuinely loved the toon you could tell. One of the few kids on these forums better looking than me.

:lol:

Just caught up with this on Twitter. Horrid news, very sad. Knew him about the forums for years. May have met him on the odd piss up. Such a shame, RIP and thoughts to the family.

Horrible news, very saddened to hear this news today, a genuine good bloke, had some good memories of our interactions on here, gone way too soon.

RIP mate

Just been reading some of his last posts on NO and in retrospect he was obviously having some major problems. Terribly sad.

Aye, felt very ghoulish doing it, but I've just done the same. Absolutely awful, the poor bloke.

Floored me, this. Can't believe it. Throughout my time on N-O, he was the only poster I struck up an actual friendship with. A positive person, we used to share PMs having a chuckle at the melodramatic nature of the place. When I got banned, he was one of the only people to make an effort to check why. He was the one who suggested I start posting on here instead. I've never used forums to meet people, but Jon was just the kind of guy you couldn't help but warm to. 'Was' man, for fuck sake.

Had no idea that he had these kind of problems, other than a struggle with anxiety. I'm left disappointed that he didn't post more regularly here, as I'd fallen out of touch with him.

RIP Jon, mate. You'll be missed, so much.

Haven't posted here for a long time but felt I had to today after hearing this tragic news . Such a shame and so young , condolences to all his friends and family , RIP Jon xx

I messaged his mam (mistakingly thinking it was his sister) earlier and this was her reply..

Thank you I am Jon's Mum Rachel is his sister, Thank you so much I am so pleased that his Newcastle friends are aware as I know he would have wanted you all too know, He loved Newcastle and his beloved team, never changed, we are going to get his shearer shirt on him as soon as we can, I told him yesterday after he passed this is what we will do, Please say a big thank you to all his mates up there, Love you all Naomi

thanks for the update Cath x

seems silly but its been ages since i was on here, i've spent the last 3 hours just reading past threads and catching up with everything, :cry:

If anyone wants to contribute then my paypal is themistymisschristie@gmail.com

I'll send flowers tomorrow and then will donate the rest to Sir Bobby's fund in a week or so.