Schalke 04 Tournament

Mr Gittes

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after some relative optimism in recent weeks, it appears that the rank and file have collectively shit their pants again. One pre season defeat, man. Really despair at times. You see it every single season:

Pre season build up - 'Pre season games are about fitness only, I'm not arsed.'

Pre season win - 'Pre season games are about fitness only, I'm not arsed.'

Pre season draw - 'Pre season games are about fitness only, I'm not arsed.'

Pre season loss - 'WE'RE FUCKING GOING DOWN MAN!'

The last 20 competitive games have something to do with mood as well like.

This. We are turbogash with a joke of a manager and a cunt of an owner. If you've become excited or even hopeful by the ragtag bunch of 'potentials' we've brought in to raise ticket sales and cover Pardew's incompetent hairy arse, you're as thick as whale mince.

If on the fence tbh. I do think we have brought in some good players, although the 2-3 strikers are all unknown quantities. The defence has been an issue for 2 years now though. RB and LB are ok but 3 of our 4 CBs are pony and the only good one looks on his way out too. The gaps today would have been exploited in the northern league.

Thing is whether or not the personnel changes, the exact same issues remain which is why I expect nothing until the shitbag is sacked.

We'll have no idea if the same issues are still there until the season starts.

It's a pre-season friendly ffs :lol:

If on the fence tbh. I do think we have brought in some good players, although the 2-3 strikers are all unknown quantities. The defence has been an issue for 2 years now though. RB and LB are ok but 3 of our 4 CBs are pony and the only good one looks on his way out too. The gaps today would have been exploited in the northern league.

Some sort of weird lopsided fence that.

We'll have no idea if the same issues are still there until the season starts.

It's a pre-season friendly ffs :lol:

All of the friendlies have just been a continuation of the second half of last season, Abysmal defending, too open a midfield and absolutely fuck all created.

He has never shown any sign of knowing how to address this and his tactics and motivation are non-existent.

Why does gun control become a hot topic after a highschool massacre?

Really, though? You're using that as an analogy?

As others have said, these games can't be seen as an indication of how we'll fare this season. We started the game today with a second choice central midfield partnership, a primary school strikeforce, and two lads playing their first 45 minutes of the season. Will our team to face Man City be exactly the same?

Yes, the defence was disorganised, but they were offered zero protection from the inexperienced and unfit ahead of them. I'd also question just how much of a shit some of them gave. Well, just Mapou really. It's mental to be writing off the season based off this one game, when zero relevance is given to the games we've won after fielding weaker teams.

Really, though? You're using that as an analogy?

As others have said, these games can't be seen as an indication of how we'll fare this season. We started the game today with a second choice central midfield partnership, a primary school strikeforce, and two lads playing their first 45 minutes of the season. Will our team to face Man City be exactly the same?

Yes, the defence was disorganised, but they were offered zero protection from the inexperienced and unfit ahead of them. I'd also question just how much of a shit some of them gave. Well, just Mapou really. It's mental to be writing off the season based off this one game, when zero relevance is given to the games we've won after fielding weaker teams.

This is the first top tier opponent we've faced in pre-season. In terms of indicators for the season coming this game has been the closest challenge yet.

I don't place much stock in any friendly. But Pardew has sat himself on top of a powder keg with performances last year and fans are not going to be forgiving of similar performances under any circumstances.

Reaction to this defeat has been muted compared to what you'll see if the form continue into competitive games. Ship goals in the league and the keg will blow.

This is the first top tier opponent we've faced in pre-season. In terms of indicators for the season coming this game has been the closest challenge yet.

I don't place much stock in any friendly. But Pardew has sat himself on top of a powder keg with performances last year and fans are not going to be forgiving of similar performances under any circumstances.

Reaction to this defeat has been muted compared to what you'll see if the form continue into competitive games. Ship goals in the league and the keg will blow.

It was the first top tier opponent we've faced, but, again, our lineup was not a fair representation of our abilities. In any case, let's not act as if this is a reaction purely based on last season. It's the same every year, which was my point.

Any reactions like this to actual meaningful games will be justified, if a little melodramatic.