Other Games 14/15 - Football fans feel the same about stuff, except stuff like Western Sydney Wanderers, because no one gives a shit about them.

Ayatollah Hermione

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Your optimism is admirable.

But it doesn't change the fact that Carver is capable of relegating us, and given more time, almost certainly would. Over a full season, we would be down. I actually think if there were another 10 games to run we'd be down. We may well get away with this, but it'll only be because there were insufficient games remaining for the other teams. Not because we're better.

:lol: Your optimism is admirable.

But it doesn't change the fact that Carver is capable of relegating us, and given more time, almost certainly would. Over a full season, we would be down. I actually think if there were another 10 games to run we'd be down. We may well get away with this, but it'll only be because there were insufficient games remaining for the other teams. Not because we're better.

You're right, my "optimism" doesn't change that hypothetical scenario.

But others' pessimism doesn't change my hypothetical scenario where Mourinho takes over for the next 4 games and we win all 12 points, finishing 10th thanks to the perfect permutation of results.

However as neither hypothetical can happen it's a bit daft to worry or get excited by either.

So, my point is that we're going to be cutting it sufficiently fine that the optimism is neither here nor there. This campaign has been an utter embarrassment and I expect exactly the same next year (following on from the same last year), which means that I'm relatively indifferent about the exact point in time Ashley finally manages to relegate us through incompetence.

This year we've been as bad as I've ever seen us, so why not.

Just to clarify - this is not a scenario that is worrying me. I have only thinly veiled contempt now.

So, my point is that we're going to be cutting it sufficiently fine that the optimism is neither here nor there. This campaign has been an utter embarrassment and I expect exactly the same next year (following on from the same last year), which means that I'm relatively indifferent about the exact point in time Ashley finally manages to relegate us through incompetence.

This year we've been as bad as I've ever seen us, so why not.

Just to clarify - this is not a scenario that is worrying me. I have only thinly veiled contempt now.

I don't think next season will have the same end as this because next season we won't have John Carver in charge for the final run.

I confidently predict we'll finish around 10th-12th and that will be the case for the foreseeable future.

What I don't see is;

a) nobody joining as head coach because NUFC are the footballing equivalent of the Ebola virus

2) John Carver being employed as full time head coach

iii) all our good players being sold and nobody being brought in

four) the same unpredictable collapse in results we've had this year.

Before Pardew left we had 26 points from 19 games, right? Pardew is a bad-to-average tactician/motivator/coach. If we get an average coach I'd anticipate the same points return at the very least. I'd also expect whoever comes in not to Carver the end of the season (maybe Pardew it as the lack of motivation trickles from the top) with a points return of 9 from 15 games.

Mind you last year after 19 games we had 33 points (1.74ppg), then in the next 19 we took 16 (0.84ppg), that's a 52% drop. That malaise must be addressed either with a cup run :lol: , or with the introduction of new players in the January window.

If Charnley et al believe that there's no value to be found in January, why not simply buy the players now and have them play for their originating club until January? They still get the "value" but get the bonus of added impetus at a time when it's clear we need it.

Yeah, but I'd come to terms with it soon enough.

Would you predict relegation from the Championship?

fish, will you please stop saying stuff like "we're not going down" and "carver won't be given the job". you're going to put the hex on us. don't you remember what happened to stevie when he made such confident predictions? it's the stuff of forum legend

fish, will you please stop saying stuff like "we're not going down" and "carver won't be given the job". you're going to put the hex on us. don't you remember what happened to stevie when he made such confident predictions? it's the stuff of forum legend

Eurgh, fine, but only because I'm considerate of all you dozy fuckers.