When Pardew goes end of October, who do you want as..........

accadacca

Beardsley: great manager doing a great job. We're only one win away from getting out of the bottom 3.

Yeah it sounds like he's absolutely crushing it, Peter. Silly cunt.

The Pardvirus has spreading to all the coaching staff.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beardsley: great manager doing a great job. We're only one win away from getting out of the bottom 3.

Yeah it sounds like he's absolutely crushing it, Peter. Silly cunt.

I think what's bad about the stuff from Beardsley is 1) he doesn't need the money because he's the sort of bloke who'll still have most of the money he made at Liverpool in the bank and 2) his close attachment to the club. I can't stand Ashley or Pardew for obvious reasons but they have nothing like the emotional attachment to the fans that someone like Beardsley does. There's obviously no logic to what he says either because you can either have Pardew doing a great job under very difficult circumstances, which means the owner is restricting his ability to do the job properly or you have a great owner giving the manager backing which means there's something amiss so far as how the manager is performing*. You can't have both being 'great'. Obviously.

*Not saying those are the only two options, just commenting on what Beardsley said.

Edited by Alex

Rumours Redknapp will be sacked if he loses this weekend. Hopefully the pair of them can be sacked together

Love to see a weekend where all the media bumchums get binned off. If nothing else but for the impotent fury that would pour out of Sky and the Beeb

I hope not, I have a lot of respect for Nicky Butt, I wouldnt wish the job on him, you can't win with Ashley. If he gets a good side, then the best players will be shipped off and it will give him a bad win loss record. I still believe, as poor as Pardew is, that we could get Pep in and he'd be fucked too.

All this talk of "well, its how it works in Europe", is it? Really? Name one other club thats sold off at least 2 key players season on season, without replacements in first?

I hope not, I have a lot of respect for Nicky Butt, I wouldnt wish the job on him, you can't win with Ashley. If he gets a good side, then the best players will be shipped off and it will give him a bad win loss record. I still believe, as poor as Pardew is, that we could get Pep in and he'd be fucked too.

All this talk of "well, its how it works in Europe", is it? Really? Name one other club thats sold off at least 2 key players season on season, without replacements in first?

Arguably that's true of Arsenal.

Nicky Butt is a cunt.

What if Pardew stays until January - Ashley is forced to spend £30m to try and keep us up, and then things still don't turn around. We get a new and hopefully more competent manager with a squad £30m better off. This season would be a write off, and obviously there's the risk that we go down, but we'd actually (you would hope) have a reasonably decent squad for the extra spending.

A new manager now might turn things around more quickly, and Ashley might refuse to spend in January.

I appreciate that my thinking here is highly optimistic while also trying to make the best of a bad situation, but it could happen...