The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Fairytale stuff for Broad. Gutted to have been abroad and missed it. Aussies lucky to draw the series. We won way more sessions 

Don't forget the Moral Ashes (© twatface Morgan) :smile:

14 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Stokes just dropped the ashes !!

Must admit that, having seen that and being told there was about 90 minutes worth of rain coming, I went to bed, knowing I would wake to the crowing about a series win. Glad what wasn't the case. :smile:

Frankly, the only person who "dropped the Ashes" was YJB.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 08/09/2023 at 22:10, Kid Dynamite said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-12497265/Andrew-Flintoff-England-cricket-coaching-ODI-series-New-Zealand.html

He looks like he's had facial surgery. For a good looking fella that was getting plenty of TV work, I can only imagine the payout he's going to get from the BBC

Aye, saw that over the weekend.  There is very little detail on the injuries he sustained. 

On 11/09/2023 at 12:55, David Kelly said:

Durham promoted 7 years after the ECB screwed them.  Only need a few bonus points from the last two games to clinch the title.

The same day the ECB announced Middlesex would get a suspended points deduction. A timely reminder, just in case anyone thought the ECB weren’t corrupt fucking cunts 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Afghanistan deserve this. I'm pleased for them. Gives their people something to cheer about after years of shite and living under the taliban. 

Not to mention the earthquake 

We prepared poorly for this world cup (which could quite easily be the last of the format) and the balance of the team isn't right at all.  I'm wondering if Butler is the right man to lead the team.  We seem to have dropped a level in white ball cricket (despite the T20 win) wit Butler and Mott leading.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, David Kelly said:

We prepared poorly for this world cup (which could quite easily be the last of the format) and the balance of the team isn't right at all.  I'm wondering if Butler is the right man to lead the team.  We seem to have dropped a level in white ball cricket (despite the T20 win) wit Butler and Mott leading.

I don't think there is much option apart from Buttler.  I am not sure it was a good idea to get Stokes back either, especially as he can't bowl.  I would have preferred him to get fit for batting and bowling in tests.

I certainly think that generational change is going to happen now.  A lot of this team won't be around for much longer and it may be time to bite that bullet, even if it means going backwards for a few years.  

Not sure that Mott was the right answer, either, although I don't know who else would be available and willing to do it.  Perhaps Trott, who is doing wonders with Afghanistan?

• Like 1

Cricket World Cup has been a bit of a bore tbh. Apart from Afg beating Pak yesterday none of the games seen to have been close or particularly exciting.

50 over format just seems a bit tired, and England appear to have completely forgotten how to play it. Can't be bothered looking but we can't have even played many 50 over games since the last WC. I can't remember any