The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, Alex said:

Hopefully Pakistan join them in the final. 

Always have had an edge over New Zealand in major tournaments, but goes the other way around when it come to Australia :lol: Should be another good game though.

Just hearing about a flu outbreak, Rizwan and Malik in danger of missing out ffs.

• Sad 1

Think he might retire as captain now though. I think whatever happened in the tournament it was on the cards. Actually wanting to see the back of him though? Best limited overs captain we’ve had. By an absolute country mile 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Alex said:

Think he might retire as captain now though. I think whatever happened in the tournament it was on the cards. Actually wanting to see the back of him though? Best limited overs captain we’ve had. By an absolute country mile 

This, we lost opener and main bowler during the tournament and Stokes and Archer beforehand.

He should be allowed to leave when he wants IMO (I would have played Willey instead of Billings though)

• Like 2

Better bowling by us would have still meant we won mind.  I'm not sure Wood is our best bet in this format.  I don't think he has the necessary variations to work on all pitch types.  I think Curran or Willey are probably a better bet than him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

Shame like. Watch them win the final now. 

Really hope the Kiwis can finally do them over. But yeah, they're going to win arent they :lol: 

Bloody pissed like, its fair enough going down to good batting, and Wade played brilliantly at the end. But you cant drop a sitter of the danger man in a semifinal and expect to get away with it. Criminal stuff and sad way to end the tournament.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, David Kelly said:

Better bowling by us would have still meant we won mind.  I'm not sure Wood is our best bet in this format.  I don't think he has the necessary variations to work on all pitch types.  I think Curran or Willey are probably a better bet than him.

Hard to bowl those variations when the balls wet 

17 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

The weight the toss holds continues to be one of the most infuriating things about cricket.

Aye. Assume these all had to be day-nighters to suit Indian tv.