The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, Ken said:

The money is in The Indian PL. If your name is called you are guaranteed a million minimum. So the grassroots are just thinking "what should I learn to do this".

That's modern day cricket man

Fucking hell! :lol:

A bit of cricket or a takeover and they come crawling out of the woodwork. 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I might watch the first session, see if Root and Malan can survive the new ball. Need another 250 runs or so to have something to bowl at. 

Gloomy is optimistic 

On 10/12/2021 at 14:01, Ken said:

The money is in The Indian PL. If your name is called you are guaranteed a million minimum. So the grassroots are just thinking "what should I learn to do this".

That's modern day cricket man

That's bollocks. A handful of players make a million. A big chunk of the overseas players make £100-200k

Well Steve Smith got paid a lot less than the guaranteed $1m you claimed is the minimum players get. And he’s been the best test batsman of the last 10 years or so. There’s nearly 200 players in the tournament and only 33 got paid more than $1m in 2021. Of the rest loads aren’t Indian including several Australians. But aye, he’s weird for calling out your bullshit. 

Is Steve Smith a quality t20 player? I will let you dwell on that. And I will let you dwell on the 2nd test which starts on Thursday. 

I hope Anderson plays to make a game of it.

Moving the goalposts doesn’t make your previous statement any less accurate. Buttler didn’t even get the amount you claimed was the minimum a player can expect though if you’re now trying to say it only applies to ‘quality’ T20 players 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I've hardly watched any. I keep forgetting it's on when I get up. 

Aye. It already feels like the series is a fine deal, doesn’t it? 

We seem to have given up trying to build a test side these days.  Nothing about English cricket is about preparing for test series or preparing players to come through and succeed in the longest format.  When Anderson and Broad hang it up we will only have two or three real test quality players left in the the team and one of them is usually a massive fitness doubt.

• Like 1

Unrelentingly shite again !!

Stat on Twitter, whilst the batting has been abysmal we’ve dropped 48% of our catches, Aussies zero drops (edit, make that one).

Edited by Toonpack