Dr Gloom

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Don't vote! Don't vote! Don't vote!'

After 15 minutes with Miliband

'Vote Labour!'

Ed clearly has powers of persuasion that we've entirely underestimated. Though why anyone is paying attention to what Brand has to say on politics is beyond me. You get less bullshit from Parky.

Tbf, I'm not sure he ever told anyone not to vote, he just said he didn't and never has.

Anyway, I was listening to Billy Bragg ramble on about Brand recently and he was saying that privately he'd dialled down the not-voting stuff and that was long before this Miliband interview.

Looking forward to seeing CT spin this as a good thing for the Tories.

It kinda highlights in a way why Labour have been so complacent over the past wee while, as yet again the best reason to vote Labour is "they're not the Tories" which is fair in some sense as a Tory government is an utter disaster, but it's still not a good enough reason to support Labour's plan. Unfortunately our democracy is set up that way where Labour will always be strong purely because they're the only party big enough to beat the Tories on their own.

Honestly I feel like Ed Miliband deserves a chance to be Prime Minister and I think he'll do a reasonable enough job, but with no great enthusiasm could I go out and vote for this Labour party, and indeed I won't be voting Labour.

Interested to see what effect this has.

Looking forward to seeing CT spin this as a good thing for the Tories.

It kinda highlights in a way why Labour have been so complacent over the past wee while, as yet again the best reason to vote Labour is "they're not the Tories" which is fair in some sense as a Tory government is an utter disaster, but it's still not a good enough reason to support Labour's plan. Unfortunately our democracy is set up that way where Labour will always be strong purely because they're the only party big enough to beat the Tories on their own.

Honestly I feel like Ed Miliband deserves a chance to be Prime Minister and I think he'll do a reasonable enough job, but with no great enthusiasm could I go out and vote for this Labour party, and indeed I won't be voting Labour.

Interested to see what effect this has.

I basically think he'll have no effect whatsoever. I guess his followers, like him, are spoilt little rich kids who will be too busy at boarding school.

Labour need to at least another 5 years to allow the new talent to rise to the top. The current shadow lot are just old hasbeens that need to be moved along.

Ed Balls as chancellor would be terrifying.

I nearly switched allegiance watching the Daily Politics today when I clapped eyes on Luciana Burger!!!

40bed4db818a1ea4b52fb44dc6866810.jpg

A very bright woman.

I basically think he'll have no effect whatsoever. I guess his followers, like him, are spoilt little rich kids who will be too busy at boarding school.

Labour need to at least another 5 years to allow the new talent to rise to the top. The current shadow lot are just old hasbeens that need to be moved along.

Actually, I'm inclined to agree with you on this. Labour still hasn't sorted itself out for the post-Blair era, and I'm not at all convinced by it in its current form. Still don't know if that warrants risking the Tories for another 5 years, but I take the point.

I nearly switched allegiance watching the Daily Politics today when I clapped eyes on Luciana Burger!!!

40bed4db818a1ea4b52fb44dc6866810.jpg

A very bright woman.

Was it what she looked like or her surname that you found most attractive?

Actually ended up agreeing with CT there. And she rules.

And aye Gemmill I can vote for myself. I still have a vote, and I'm standing in my own constituency, so there's that absurdity.

I guess his followers, like him, are spoilt little rich kids who will be too busy at boarding school.

Even in your Tory Utopia there aren't 9 and half million of those.

Just the shadow cabinet then.

Don't think many of them attended boarding schools like, CT. Certainly the likes of Harmon, Balls, Johnson and Miliband didn't. By all means prove me wrong though.

Don't think many of them attended boarding schools like, CT. Certainly the likes of Harmon, Balls, Johnson and Miliband didn't. By all means prove me wrong though.

I think their posh credentials are there for all to see. Balls went to a private all boys school, played the violin, went to Oxford then Harvard and was a member of the conservatives ffs :lol:

He's more Tory than most Torys.

I think their posh credentials are there for all to see. Balls went to a private all boys school, played the violin, went to Oxford then Harvard and was a member of the conservatives ffs :lol:

He's more Tory than most Torys.

Balls didn't go to a boarding school, CT. Nice try though.