Arsenal V Newcastle // Saturday 13th December // The Emirates // KO 5.30

Anorthernsoul

Suffice to say that overall we played poorly, and Pardew got it all wrong from the beginning.

When I saw Willo & Gouffran in the starting line-up over Haidara & Cabella I thought what the fuck is he doing.

Cisse was useless, like a goldfish out of the bowl.

Sammy was like a newly born foal with legs going every which way.

Gouffran was mostly anonymous and can't believe Pardew left him on for 90 minutes.

Willo was Willo, second tier player.

Tiote was a bit of a liability.

Riviere.......... is he trying to prove he's a dud?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Pardew gets Manager of the month then turns out a c**p team. Does Pardew ever analyse the opposition before naming his squad. Arsenal are known for their speed and pass game. So he starts with Willo who is so nervous when he gets the ball he hasn't a clue what to do with it. Dummett is much better in the middle when he plays with Colo and Hiadara would have been much better than him at LB. What were Tiote, and Gouffran doing on the pitch? Pardew should know that Cisse can not play 90 minutes so instead of bringing him on as an impact sub (where he has scored his goals from) he starts him with the predictable result. Should have started with Anita, Sammy with his asthma problems can't last 90 minutes Cabella and Hiadara. Tiote was s**t as well and based on his recent performances no one will want to sign him in January. Let's hope Pardew gets permission to sign a temporary keeper like Schwarzer. Pardew has destroyed in 1 game what they had built up over the previous 9.

They were shit, we were shitter. This is why Pardew will never be anything other than a mediocre manager.

Was it just me or were Perez and Sammy playing out of position in the first half? Why would you do that?

Tiote, Williamson and Gouffran are abysmal and need dropping. Tiote can still break up play but it does fuck all when you give it right back and generally slow down the attack when the ball comes to you. Im sure all 3 will play next game too though.

We've got a horrid record there so we haven't lost a lot by losing there. Setting aside the time wasted watching the abysmal performance.

We do really need to get a senior keeper in though.

I knew when I saw the team sheet we had surrendered any initiative. Starting Williamson and Gouffran over Haidara and Cabella. Completely fucking negative when their defence was held together with sticky tape and they had their right back on a yellow after about 20 mins. If wed got at them and put them under pressure their fickle fans wouldve been on wenger and the teams back. Pardew got it totally wrong today imo and we made them look 100 times better than they are

You couldn't be further from the truth (according to Pardew).

"We tried to be ambitious and if that’s a fault we have to accept that.”

We've got a horrid record there so we haven't lost a lot by losing there. Setting aside the time wasted watching the abysmal performance.

We do really need to get a senior keeper in though.

Aye Alnwick is absolutely not ready. And with the amount of games coming up, its a big handycap.

That quote about trying to be ambitious should be yet another reason (probably #64) to sack the clueless cunt.

I really hate watching a Newcastle team who you know from kick-off is destined to lose heavily - thanks as usual Alan.

I also hate the way Aresenal are described as if they are good - the cunts had the same number of points as us brfore the game FFS.

Welbeck - two deliberate handballs (one in the box) and two blatant dives - cunt.

Alexis - 5 blatant dives and 4 yellow card gestures - cunt.

Niall Quinn - how is Dummet's challenge a clear foul but Gibbs on Janmaat is a good challenge - cunt.

Arsenal fans - cunts.

I thought we'd lose from the moment I saw our line up. Pedestrian going forward, slow at the back and a midfield that couldnt keep possession. All as expected based on the recent form of Willo Gouffran and Tiote.

If Pardew thought that was an "ambitious" team he sent out I can only conclude he is on drugs or is mentally ill.

Some shocking dives on display like, that's true, and Alexis's whiny face needed a slap. I think the yellow-card waving only hurt his case, I thought Dummett charging him down in the corner and bringing him down was a nailed-on yellow card until the ref got a load of Alexis waving an imaginary card and decided otherwise.

We almost always lose at the Emirates so I was expecting nothing from this game, but the feeble lack of ambition still hurts. I feel like the only time we ever perform is when we're not expected to, like the cup game against Man City or the home game v. Chelsea. Any time we're on a run or starting to look decent something derails us without fail.

Sissoko back v. Spurs and the mackems should definitely help, our midfield was flat as a pancake today.

Fuckin turboshit, largely down to Pardews set up. Alnwick out of his depth and Abeid uses the ball a gazillion times better than Tiote does...it's fair to say he's been as good in his own way as Sissoko has this season. Travelling to spurs fearing the worst.

Fuckin turboshit, largely down to Pardews set up. Alnwick out of his depth and Abeid uses the ball a gazillion times better than Tiote does...it's fair to say he's been as good in his own way as Sissoko has this season. Travelling to spurs fearing the worst.

That's about it. Pardew's set up and fave picks had me squirming before a ball was even kicked.

Will someone fukin buy Tiote already?

Luckily I had ten cans of draught Guinness to help me through it unlike the poor bastards who shelled out to watch that steaming pile of shite.

I didn't go due to Xmas, spurs on Wednesday, mackems on Sunday and basically being a pussywhipped tosspot :D

Watched it in the local labour club, a few of our old Sunday morning team were out including two brothers who are gooners who made the point that Arsenal and Newcastle are in similar situations i.e. a large number of supporters want a superficially ok manger out but their employers don't really care as long as the status quo is maintained. Saved from Niall Quinns shitfest by playing Greg Lakes "I believe in father Christmas" on repeat on the club jukebox :good: