Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he has got it til the end of the season, would this be the earliest we have resorted to just 'getting the rest of season over with and preparing for the next'? I swear it gets earlier and earlier each year.

Isn't it FA Cup 3rd round weekend every year?

Only way he won't get the job on a permanent basis is if he gets us relegated.

Keeping us up will be seen as fulfilling his target, and he'll be rewarded with a new contract.

Would love to be proven wrong in the summer, assuming he does get the job till May. Season is a write-off as far as I'm concerned.

I think Ashley bargained on us having enough points on the board already plus the likelihood we'll pick enough a couple of home wins plus the odd draw here and there and that will be enough to keep us up. On balance he's probably right but it's a unnecessary risk. He's taking the risk because it's saving him a canny bit of money (I would suggest Carver isn't even getting a rise to his relatively tiny wages for the extra responsibility). I really don't envisage him being the boss next season though.

Club doing all they can to get fans to cancel those fixed price deals ahead of a top class appointment and big summer spending.

This 100%, if you replace "top" with better and "big" with some.

Also applies if he's keeping the decks clear for a sale.

Quite possibly they'll think the same as we do. That the season is over and they can't be arsed to put any real effort in. Hopefully they'll care enough about some bonus or other to make sure we don't get relegated before they completely pack in though.

On the plus side there are a lot of shit clubs this year. Worryingly however, they do seem to be picking up points on occasion due to the erratic form of the big guns.

Perhaps Carver is intimidating enough that they might play for him, who knows. Ultimately though, unless we pick up points soon, other teams are going to start seeing us as easy pickings, which will only make the job harder.

Club doing all they can to get fans to cancel those fixed price deals ahead of a top class appointment and big summer spending.

I honestly don't know if you're serious?

You think they're deliberately taking a big gamble (it may be unlikely but relegation is a massive loss to risk) so that after a Frank De Boer or Remi Garde strides forth from the tunnel flanked by four big signings we'll all run to the box office to pay over the odds for a team whose stated ambition is 10th and avoid the cups?

Or do you think the new coach would bring with it a new strata of ambition (say 10th & gun for the cups)?

Quite possibly they'll think the same as we do. That the season is over and they can't be arsed to put any real effort in. Hopefully they'll care enough about some bonus or other to make sure we don't get relegated before they completely pack in though.

They still get a bonus for finishing in the top 10 don't they?

:lol:

They still get a bonus for finishing in the top 10 don't they?

:lol:

I'm sure they do but if they don't start picking up points shortly we want to hope that they get some sort of bonus just for staying up or they might not bother their arses if there's no chance of a bonus. Lets face it, money is the only reason they're here!

i wish i could say i was surprised at the incompetence. 3 losses and a draw and he gets the job till the end of the season ffs

i suppose on the bright side at least they didn't bring in another kineear type - ron atkinson or someone.

I honestly don't know if you're serious?

You think they're deliberately taking a big gamble (it may be unlikely but relegation is a massive loss to risk) so that after a Frank De Boer or Remi Garde strides forth from the tunnel flanked by four big signings we'll all run to the box office to pay over the odds for a team whose stated ambition is 10th and avoid the cups?

Or do you think the new coach would bring with it a new strata of ambition (say 10th & gun for the cups)?

For all the online complaining, attendance's at SJP are on the rise.

Last summer the club spent more than in the previous 5 summers combined.

Anyone considering cancelling hates Ashley anyway. He's happy to see the back of them and potentially embarrassing opposition.

I don't necessarily think people that cancel will be rushing back in droves, there will be plenty that full those spaces though.

For all the online complaining, attendance's at SJP are on the rise.

Last summer the club spent more than in the previous 5 summers combined.

Anyone considering cancelling hates Ashley anyway. He's happy to see the back of them and potentially embarrassing opposition.

I don't necessarily think people that cancel will be rushing back in droves, there will be plenty that full those spaces though.

I was asking if you're genuinely optimistic for the fan's concerns regarding Newcastle United?