Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's clearly not a man to be put in charge of a premiership team even on a short term basis. There are plenty of coaches at clubs who you would be happy to have cover until a full time manager is appointed even if you wouldn't want time to be appointed full time (as was the case with Roeder) but Carver doesn't even insipre that much confidence.

It's quite surprising that even the pricks in charge at St James Park don't seem to have any concerns over relegation given our form this season and the results we've had so far under Carver.

I said at the start of the Pardew out campaign that fans should be careful what they wish for with Ashley in charge. Here is the evidence to back that up.

This implies the Pardew Out campaign has actually influenced anything though. I think £3.5m would argue with that.

Change, for better or worse, is better than the stagnation we had with Pardew.

I think we're being a bit quick to despair here, there does seem to be a reasonable chance we'll get a solid manager in come summer, and Carver isn't the only rubbish manager in the division.

I said at the start of the Pardew out campaign that fans should be careful what they wish for with Ashley in charge. Here is the evidence to back that up.

The 'Appoint Carver' campaign has a lot to answer for. Especially given how easily the owner is influenced by the fans' wishes.

Wouldn't know. Always switch the sound off when he comes on.

Errr...hate to break this to you but we've only had a head coach since Allardyce was sacked. No one since has had control of funds or final say on players coming in or leaving. That's why KK walked seven years ago.

Errr...hate to break this to you but we've only had a head coach since Allardyce was sacked. No one since has had control of funds or final say on players coming in or leaving. That's why KK walked seven years ago.

Yeah, this is what I think.

Charnley coming out and saying it was just stating the already obvious and accepted.

Only way he won't get the job on a permanent basis is if he gets us relegated.

Keeping us up will be seen as fulfilling his target, and he'll be rewarded with a new contract.

Would love to be proven wrong in the summer, assuming he does get the job till May. Season is a write-off as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

If he has got it til the end of the season, would this be the earliest we have resorted to just 'getting the rest of season over with and preparing for the next'? I swear it gets earlier and earlier each year.