John Carver Football Genius

Anorthernsoul

Really, I think it's spot on and sums up what we've been saying on here for weeks. The blokes big enough and ugly enough to get called a cunt on the touchline. I get called worse than that at work off some patients and I earn a lot less than him

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man said he was happy with the squad he got (which already didn't have SDJ, Saylor, Aarons), was happy to let M'Biwa and Santon go and was happy to work under Ashley's conditions.

If he's now not he should stand up and say that rather than whinge that we have players injured and suspended.

I agree that in this environment he can't just quit but if he's not prepared to be honest either he deserves all the stick he gets.

I can't believe you had any respect for him in the first place. It's been obvious since went for Bellamy at the airport that man should have no place at premier league football team regardless of whether they are the one he supports.

You always worry about managers who have had no professional playing record to speak of trying to guide a bunch of overpaid internationals but obviously people like Mournhio have proved it can work. The difference is those people have shown some intelligence in their previous roles to suggest they have ideas and can get them accross to their players so that they earn their respect. Carver wouldn't know and idea if it came along and licked his hoop and can hardly be understood by locals let alone young lads from the continent. How anyone can have any respect for him is beyond me and I really don't think there is many out there that do.

Aye I mean I only had a very small amount of respect for him from his days under Sir Bobby, I assumed he must be a half decent coach (not good or owt just actually capable) until recent years. The way he has went on recently is just pathetic tbh.

I'd feel bad for him if he was getting this abuse and had never come out with the utter shite he has spouted or had any confrontations with fans, but I don't think he'd get this sort of stick if that was the case. He's made his bed by hoying his lot in with Ashley, I understand he can't really hope to keep his job and come out slating Ashley but he could do a Hughton and just keep quiet in general. This is another failing of Ashley mind, he's putting Carver into an utterly untenable position, they say they'll keep him on at some capacity but what position can that be? how will he be able to coach anyone at the club after this disaster? I mean the shite he's coming out with to the press must only be a sample of the absolute insanity he is saying behind closed doors. I just wish this embarrassment of a season would just hurry up and end really.

Aye I mean I only had a very small amount of respect for him from his days under Sir Bobby, I assumed he must be a half decent coach (not good or owt just actually capable) until recent years. The way he has went on recently is just pathetic tbh.

I'd feel bad for him if he was getting this abuse and had never come out with the utter shite he has spouted or had any confrontations with fans, but I don't think he'd get this sort of stick if that was the case. He's made his bed by hoying his lot in with Ashley, I understand he can't really hope to keep his job and come out slating Ashley but he could do a Hughton and just keep quiet in general. This is another failing of Ashley mind, he's putting Carver into an utterly untenable position, they say they'll keep him on at some capacity but what position can that be? how will he be able to coach anyone at the club after this disaster? I mean the shite he's coming out with to the press must only be a sample of the absolute insanity he is saying behind closed doors. I just wish this embarrassment of a season would just hurry up and end really.

I always thought that at best he was a Terry Mac type but I think he's never had the same sort of respect that Terry had.

I think the most telling thing is that in the last few years we've never looked remotely coached. I have no faith in a single memeber of our coaching staff at this stage. Actually I pretty much have no faith in anyone with any responsibility for football matters at the club from Charnley, down to Carr, the coaches, the players and the medical staff. We need them all out.

Aye, we're in a right fucking mess. The daftest part is if Ashley invested in the coaching side properly we'd probably have less injuries, look more disciplined and better on the pitch and we might actually be producing some youth players that are capable of premier league football. It wouldn't even cost him that much as it's not like coaches get anywhere near footballer wages.

Aye if there had ever been any real plan for us on the football side this shoudl have been the first thing that he did. The fact that he hasn't confirms one of two things. He's either as fucking clueless about football as some think or he dosn't give one fuck about it. Either way it's us who suffer.

Aye if there had ever been any real plan for us on the football side this shoudl have been the first thing that he did. The fact that he hasn't confirms one of two things. He's either as fucking clueless about football as some think or he dosn't give one fuck about it. Either way it's us who suffer.

Probably both

you have to wonder what ashley makes of it all, whether he's concerned about the chance of his premiership cash cow going down a division, and if that does happen, whether he's do anything differently next time.

The bloke that gives up the minute he's out of his depth is not the sort of bloke that makes a career in professional sport though tbf.

Besides that though, that is just a snidey article.

Howay man, it's hard been just a minute. It's been obvious to everybody that he's out of his depth for a while and should have been obvious even to him by the time he racked up his 4th loss in a row. Especially as it was against the mackems, who are a fucking terrible football side & demonstrably easy to beat. He stated no team of his would ever be out-fought. Well they were, and they were out played and out manoeuvred.

That game should have peeled back the mask and revealed, in all it's terrifying fullness, the chasm between his ability and what is required at the top.

It's like watching Eric Moussambani, or Trevor Misipeka, man.

Then, for him to remove his tongue from Ashley's foetid ring piece just long enough to ask paying fans for a fight is impossible to justify.

It can't be argued that the criticism for the man responsible for the worst run of defeats in 30 odd years is unjust, especially when his behaviour is as it is. Hughton managed to win games in the Premier League, have Ashley's restriction dictating policy and still managed to keep the respect of the fans and more importantly the players.

Carver can get fucked. He's the Terry Mac from Bizarro-world.

you have to wonder what ashley makes of it all, whether he's concerned about the chance of his premiership cash cow going down a division, and if that does happen, whether he's do anything differently next time.

Don't think he'd stray too far as the plan was working until Pardew left him in the shit & the gamble on Carver didn't pay off (if your scenario were to come to pass).

Howay man, it's hard been just a minute. It's been obvious to everybody that he's out of his depth for a while and should have been obvious even to him by the time he racked up his 4th loss in a row. Especially as it was against the mackems, who are a fucking terrible football side & demonstrably easy to beat. He stated no team of his would ever be out-fought. Well they were, and they were out played and out manoeuvred.

That game should have peeled back the mask and revealed, in all it's terrifying fullness, the chasm between his ability and what is required at the top.

It's like watching Eric Moussambani, or Trevor Misipeka, man.

Then, for him to remove his tongue from Ashley's foetid ring piece just long enough to ask paying fans for a fight is impossible to justify.

It can't be argued that the criticism for the man responsible for the worst run of defeats in 30 odd years is unjust, especially when his behaviour is as it is. Hughton managed to win games in the Premier League, have Ashley's restriction dictating policy and still managed to keep the respect of the fans and more importantly the players.

Carver can get fucked. He's the Terry Mac from Bizarro-world.

I'm not suggesting he's above criticism, we all know he's not good enough. But it's possible to have some compassion for the bloke such that reading an article that suggests replacing him with a jar of pease pudding or comparing him with an inept substitute teacher doesn't quite feel right. What does that achieve other than making the author feel smug about himself.

We know he's not good enough. I think he probably does at this stage too. Poking him with sticks doesn't help anything or anybody though. He's just another symptom of the Ashley disease.

I'm not suggesting he's above criticism, we all know he's not good enough. But it's possible to have some compassion for the bloke such that reading an article that suggests replacing him with a jar of pease pudding or comparing him with an inept substitute teacher doesn't quite feel right. What does that achieve other than making the author feel smug about himself.

We know he's not good enough. I think he probably does at this stage too. Poking him with sticks doesn't help anything or anybody though. He's just another symptom of the Ashley disease.

Then he should reclaim some self respect (and the respect of the rest of those who're interested) and quit. Be a man and walk away, instead of this "I'll never walk away from anything" nonsense.

He's either sticking around because he's deluded, he's greedy or he's stupid.

Just seen a comment on A O's Facebook page with a guy suggesting if Ashley hasn't a contingency plan for relegation. That his spitefulness could see him ask for his loan money back that way he would put the club in to administration then he'd sod off. He would probably see that as his ultimate revenge against the supporters.

Then he should reclaim some self respect (and the respect of the rest of those who're interested) and quit. Be a man and walk away, instead of this "I'll never walk away from anything" nonsense.

He's either sticking around because he's deluded, he's greedy or he's stupid.

Or cos he needs a job. You can't demand that the bloke make himself unemployed.

Just seen a comment on A O's Facebook page with a guy suggesting if Ashley hasn't a contingency plan for relegation. That his spitefulness could see him ask for his loan money back that way he would put the club in to administration then he'd sod off. He would probably see that as his ultimate revenge against the supporters.

Surely administration would just cost him millions.

I dont think he knows he's out of his depth btw. I believe he thinks all of his excuses are genuine amd that they are the reason for our current plight.

Well that's even more worthy of sympathy!

I'm not 100% convinced it would be the worst thing for us any more if he did decide to close us down for revenge.

We could start over and try and create a club that we could proud of again. There's not many options for the fans to go to other clubs round here (Gateshead would be the only realitic option near League football) so yes we'd have to start at the bottom but we'd be by far the best supported team which would give us finances that no other club near that level would have. It would still take a decade or so to get us back to league football but Wimbledon have shown it can be done with less that I suspect we would have.

We might never again regain the status we've have with the present club but at least we could create a club that actually aspired to something rather than just being an advertisment for a tatty sports shop empire owned by a cunt!

i know bugger all about how things like that work mate it was just what he was suggesting.

The question would be whether he would be happy to write off those millions just to be a cunt. At the minute he seems far too concerned with making money off the back of us to do that but you never know, the day might come.

Or cos he needs a job. You can't demand that the bloke make himself unemployed.

I can if he's directly responsible for the shit we're tolerating.

I'd demand a teacher resigned if I had a kid that was suffering because of their ineptitude, I'd demand the resignation of a councillor if they oversaw the bankruptcy of my council, I'd demand a police commissioner resigned if his failure to install a signal on the rooftop meant Batman didn't know when shit was going down.

Would he still have some contractual rights if he resigned as caretaker head coach or whatever he's supposed to be at the minute? I mean if his contract is for him to be as a coach working under someone then he can pull himself away from the job he's clearly not capable of doing to go back to one he's contracted for that he's probably not capable of doing.