John Carver Football Genius

Anorthernsoul

What a knob, but his head is practically empty so he probably genuinely doesn't remember that he said it didn't affect anyone the other day. I imagine he's forgotten what he said in the post-match interview as he walks away from it.

"Hope Brenda has got some turkey dinosaurs for tea tonight. Plenty broon saace, belta!"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve McClaren has admitted that he turned down the Newcastle United job in the immediate aftermath of Alan Pardew leaving in December.

The Derby County boss has said he was offered the post in January but knocked it back.

The revelation has been reported by fan website nufc.com and came during a question and answer session with Derby supporters last night, with Chief Executive Sam Rush also in attendance.

Earlier in the day at his pre-weekend press conference, Steve McClaren showed his annoyance that he was being asked about the Newcastle yet again.

“I’ve got a contract here for the next two years after this and I hope to honour that contract but it is football….that might change, who knows.

“I haven’t got a clue if I am a candidate for the Newcastle job, I think there was no secret that there was an interest in December and January and we talked about that (in press conferences) and in the end they didn’t have a manager then.”

Disrespectful:

“What they did was appoint a manager (John Carver) and that’s what they have got, he is fighting for the job. While somebody is in a job it is a little bit disrespectful…disrespectful to John Carver, to Newcastle, and my focus is purely on Derby.

“This is newspapers and they speculate, at the present moment Newcastle doesn’t interest me, I’m not thinking about that. I’m thinking solely of Derby.”

The Derby manager saying that he had a job to get on with and once again referring reporters back to what he said in January. McClaren at that time admitting in press conferences that he was being mentioned in connection with the Newcastle job but careful not to step too far over the line.

Reported claims that he could be heading to Newcastle this summer look to have a bit of credibility, though if true it is a crazy plan from the NUFC end of things with it all seemingly resting on a gamble of Derby not getting promotion through the play-offs.

From The Mag

Someone posted yesterdays Derby press conference verbatim on Twitter. He spent ten minutes avoiding saying he'd agreed to be out next manager. Sounds nailed on. Probably the best we can hope to attract in our current state and infinitely preferable to Carver

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

McClaren's not the worst, but I'm still hoping for a foreign coach. I thought Shteve would want more control over comings and goings?

He's an English manager but used to working under European conditions. Sounds ideal for Ashley.

Aye exactly, not that likely to get another PL job soon unless he gets a team promoted IMO as too many people just think of his england days and dismiss him as the wally with the brolly.

“I’d love to show you clips of our training sessions. You would actually think there was nothing wrong.

Maybe it's because you have two sets of shit players up against each other?

Maybe it's because you have two sets of shit players up against each other?

:lol:

Honestly, man, the way wor Goofy glides past them cones, pertry in mertion, man, I nearly dropped me pie!

Did ah tell yuz ah werked with Sir Berb?

If you could get a world class manager here it wouldn't make an awful lot of difference he'd have the constraints of Ashley's purse strings. Also the fact that this squad isn't a Premiership squad it's a mid table Championship one at best.

If you could get a world class manager here it wouldn't make an awful lot of difference he'd have the constraints of Ashley's purse strings. Also the fact that this squad isn't a Premiership squad it's a mid table Championship one at best.

Disagree with that. A world class coach would know to play them in their correct position and be able to motivate them. Spend isn't the biggest issue, it's the stated ambitions, or lack thereof

Disagree with that. A world class coach would know to play them in their correct position and be able to motivate them. Spend isn't the biggest issue, it's the stated ambitions, or lack thereof

Aye I think the likes of Colo and Sissoko have just switched off and I can't really blame them anymore.

We've got a thin unbalanced squad but there is still some quality there if they can be motivated and coached properly.

Colo's had his best days, Sissoko's been our best player his season which is why he'll be away in the summer. Obertan,Elliot, S.Taylor R.Taylor Williamson are Championship players i doubt any other manager could get any more from them just my opinion.

We do have some very good players

Janmaat

Perez

Cisse

Sissoko

Cabella

Colback

if played in their right positions who with the addition of another 4 or 5 of their quality we would have a good premiership team but as we know it's not what Ashley wants.

:lol: Why would he do that? there'd be a queue a mile long if he got what he was asking for the fucking melon headed prick. This bloke is trying his best to rival Pardew in the biggest cunt stakes.