John Carver Football Genius

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he needs committing. What more evidence do you need that someone has lost all their marbles than suggesting that stewards would be able to stop people giving him dog's abuse if things carry on the way they have been? He's totally fucking lost the plot.

I feel a bit sorry for Carver like. I think he's a fucking hopeless manager and far too thin-skinned and hot-headed, as well as patently lacking in the skills or experience required for the role. But it's difficult to imagine anyone in his position turning the opportunity down. He's had pretty shitty luck with suspensions and injuries and the players nit really looking like they give a fuck is only partly down to him. The club's position is clearly one of limited ambition which is bound to impact how the players perform sooner or later. Also I doubt Carver will have made much money out of football. I would bet he's the lowest paid manager in the league and he'll not have enough to walk away and retire. Especially when he'd be lucky to get a job at a level above the Northern League after this. It's the owner's fault more than anything else. He hasn't even got anyone to fall back on. Steve Stone was coaching the under 11s or something until quite recently ffs. I can understand the comments and ill feeling though. And his fucking patter man :lol:

I've no sympathy for Carver lets face it he's worked for Ashley for long enough. He's seen the way he's treated Hughton, Keegan, Shearer & hung Pardew out to dry. Yet still must have nearly took Ashley's hand off when he was offered the job what made him think he'd be treated any better. As has been stated he's too thin skinned, hot headed, & not good enough for the managers job. He can blame the squad all he wants but again he knew what he was getting he said on numerous occasions he had no problem with the club buying and selling players. At the end of the day the jobs to big for him he's out of his depth time to resign with a bit of dignity and pride.

Doubt anyone in his shoes would walk

Wots the odds?

Carver has beaten Pardew's 6 in a row by 1.

He could equal Dinnis's 10 in a row, even beat it by 1 if he loses the last 4 games.

We should hire a plane if he does

No one is blaming him for everything that is wrong with the club or even the team. We all knew the squad was too small and lacking in quality. We all knew Carver would get no help from above and we can all see that injuries have hurt us. None of this means Carver deserves any sympathy any more than Pardew did. He's chosen to put himself in this position and I don't necessarily blame him for hanging in there as he has to try and look after himself and his family financially. But he deserves the criticsm he gets for being completely incapable of doing the job and being a complete fuckwit.

Edited by David Kelly

"I dont necessarily blame him for hanging in there as he has to try and look after himself and his family financially"

You see i dont get that he already had a guaranteed job until 2020 so financially he is/was ok. He's now probably put himself in a precarious position were Ashley could probably sack him if things dont work out over these last few games.

"I dont necessarily blame him for hanging in there as he has to try and look after himself and his family financially"

You see i dont get that he already had a guaranteed job until 2020 so financially he is/was ok. He's now probably put himself in a precarious position were Ashley could probably sack him if things dont work out over these last few games.

I think any of us in the position he was in would have wanted to have a crack at the top job mind. I doubt he's in any more precarious a position because he's probably still working from is previous contract. He'll no doubt still be here in some way after this season so he's lost nothing. Unless he properly looses his rag and headbuts an opposition player. No manager could survive doing that!

If he ever thought he could do the job, or if he thought he couldn't refuse it, then even more reason to hold him in contempt. Because the only source of such belief would have been his own ego, they certainly have no evidential basis.

Aye it's understandable the players aren't motivated given the complete lack of direction at the club but the manager or coach is there to do something about that.

He is well out of his depth and anyone at senior level should have known that, but money fucking talks and every expense is spared with those cunts.

Aye we're being run like a Sunday league pub team in fact the pub teams are probably better run. We have an owner who doesn't know how to run a football club, a board member (Charnley) who's job used to be writing out the reserve team sheet. A manager who is more used to putting the cones out than managing. Then we have a football team were half are not good enough and most of the rest aren't even bothered it's no wonder we're in the mess we are.

If Carver did the honorable thing and walked we would probably be stuck with Steve Stone in charge for the remaining games.

Aye, wouldn't really make much difference. Ashley may as well just do away with the lot of them and have no coaching or managerial staff, the results would be similar tbh.

They look canny as well Ewerk, doing what every team besides our useless lot seems to do when they're risking the drop and responding to it.

We're one point ahead of Hull as it stands.

I remember looking at the table when we had 10 games left and thinking well at least we're safe i think we were 10th. Just looking at the table now it's going to be close hopefully we can pick up a couple of points from the last 4 games. Carvers record since January is P16 for 8 points thats an average 0.5 per game hopefully it'll be enough.

Beat Leicester and we're grand, Lose and we're going be cutting it close

We'll get points from West Brom, QPR and probably West Ham. Reckon Leicester will take all 3 but Cisse, de Jong, Dummett & Sissoko will bring points with their return. (As long as Carver plays Dummett ahead of others )