Do you want relegation?

Makom

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Holy duck it's coming to something when an nufc forum has people voting that they want relegation?

Well ok, how about addressing the general point most have made, staying up is a recipe for more of the same anti-ambition parcel of fuckin shit?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take anything to get rid of Ashley. If we go down this season, it'll be easy to take. In 1989 when I was 11, tears flowed, in 2009 I was in the Holte End at Villa Park and it was my worst day of football ever. This year I think any possible thing that would get rid of the fattest cunt in world sport, I'd take on the chin. I'd rather have someone new in the Championship for a year or two than anything involving a man who is little more than greedy carefree scum.

Edited by McFaul

Shepherd reckons he'll sell if we go down.

He's definitely less likely to sell in the summer if we're in the Premier League.

Well, is it just me, or does the poll tally not match up with the consensus of the replies?

Don't tell me there's a Shy Ashley effect at work here.....

I think we need to know the names of the traitors. Or figure out how Fish is managing to vote multiple times.

All that said, I prefer going down to watching no better than mid-table, no ambition, no quality play year after year in a pointless, futile existence.

But we'll quite probably experience the same next season (and into the future), just in a lower league. I'd rather support a mediocre, unambitious midtable Premier League side than its Championship equivalent.

Don't want to support someone like Blackburn, basically.

Of course if relegation definitely meant removing Ashley and replacing him with someone decent, I'd take it all day long over surviving. Even if I feel there's a slight glimmer of hope that Ashley/Charnley would finally see the error of their ways and make some changes purely because they saw how close they we were to going down largely thanks to them.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Selling up at a loss (or sacrificing future profit) would be admitting defeat, which I think he would hate to do. The outcome has to have him, in his mind, somehow winning.

Selling at a loss to avoid suffering future losses is a victory of a sort.

Yep im paranoid, but going down wont see Ashley going, but.... Say he did want rid after relegation, he'd ask far too much money and liquidate the fuck out of nufc and leave us for dead.

soz gemmil, im on windows 10 on a surface pro and I cant for the life of me say fuck on a forum for some reason

We need to suffer and eat some (more) shit before it gets any better. We stay in the Gravy train league and fatty prices out any buyers imho, FFP limits spending power to a degree of any new owner who would buy us anyway so why would they pay astronomical fees for us? Different circumstances would lead to the Fat cunt having to re-evaluate an asking price, that could be financial meltdown for him outside of NUFC or us floundering in the lower leagues for a while. I just cannot see him selling with the club in the PL as I've said, he'll price us out of a buyer there.

There's no chance of a financial meltdown so it looks like relegation is the other way he might fuck off. Even then it's like losing his pocket money.

For me, it isn't about Ashley, the management, the coaching staff, it's about my team, my club.

In my heart I want to be in the Premier league, playing at the top level against the teams who merit being there.

In my head I think that if we can't beat the bottom team who are already relegated, then we deserve to sink with them.

Another reason for wanting them to remain in the Premier league is purely selfish. I have seen every game live this season be it on TV or on my computer and would expect to continue doing that if we stay in the Premier league. One way or another ALL Premier league games an be viewed in California. However, not so in the Championship, some games are shown but not all, and no guarantee that Newcastle will be the one picked for viewing.

For me, it isn't about Ashley, the management, the coaching staff, it's about my team, my club.

In my heart I want to be in the Premier league, playing at the top level against the teams who merit being there.

In my head I think that if we can't beat the bottom team who are already relegated, then we deserve to sink with them.

Another reason for wanting them to remain in the Premier league is purely selfish. I have seen every game live this season be it on TV or on my computer and would expect to continue doing that if we stay in the Premier league. One way or another ALL Premier league games an be viewed in California. However, not so in the Championship, some games are shown but not all, and no guarantee that Newcastle will be the one picked for viewing.

Why would you want to watch us? :lol:

I voted no to relegation for similar reasons like. If I genuinely thought it would get rid of Ashley (and Fish ;)), I'd happily settle for non league status.

I was just thinking I was 5 months old the first time we were relegated in my life time

11 when selling top players to build a stand, coupled with replacing them with shite had us relegated.

31 when Ashley fucked it up all by himself with 4 managers in a season.

and finally 37 during this load of wank.....

It actually beggars belief. Now I know I'm a deluded cunt when it comes to NUFC, but this club should have far far more going for it than Everton, at the very least equal of Tottenham, yet the club who's support hasn't changed at all for over 20 years, embarrassing all bar Man Utd and Arsenal really, is one game away from being relegated for the fourth time in my life time. I'm in my 30's, I'm no cripple in my 60's, I'm no misery in my 50's, I'm no whingey 5ft6 14st odd ball in my late 40's, and I have seen the club with, without doubt one of THE greatest supports in Europe potentially relegated four times. We are a cursed club. The only club to get a billionaire who is a total cunt. Europe's 10th best supported club this season. A club who are mismanaged from top to bottom, STILL making more money than every club in the world other than 18 European clubs. The GALLOWGATE. Gypsies were murdered there, and they put curses on the ground, that's the word of old, and fuck me they're working.

I want us to stay up. But I won't be as devastated if we do go down compared with last time. That one season aside when we finished 5th, our time back in the premier league has been gash.

In an ideal world, we'll stop up and Ashley will sell in the summer - but I don't see either of those things happening.

I have fond memories of us winning nearly every game of the Championship btw, and quite enjoyed the experience of having a humble and thoroughly decent manager. And we had quite a few live games too iirc. I am not however letting that cloud my judgement this time round, as I think we simply got lucky with circumnstances, and perhaps that group of players thought they owed us something. This time round could be quite different. Still worth the risk though, just to get rid of Ashley.

Ashley has been there and bought the t shirt (not sure what size) so what reasons would he have for selling. His public profile has never been so high (for all the wrong reasons) the more sales SD (his real love) generate the higher will go his profits and his personal fortune.

If we do go down on Sunday it will be the second relegation of my 14 and a half year life. How depressing. The only silver lining about relegation is the chance of getting the FCB to do one. Will he? I doubt it.

The last time we went down, we kept a core of a Premier League team, full of players that finished 12th in the Premier League the following season; Chris Hughton as manager with players such as Jose Enrique, Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton, Andy Carroll, Steve Harper, Coloccini in his prime etcetera. Now, we don't have a Premier League quality side. We all know the players we have are either mercenaries, dead wood or just shite. If we went down this side would probably scrape midtable Championship. I would rather support a midtable Premier League club than a midtable Championship one; like what Blackburn, Bolton, Fulham and Leeds have become.

The only good factor I can find with relegation is the possibility of the FCB selling up and, like I said before, I doubt he will. He didn't sell last time we went down and, if I remember correctly, quite a few of our games were televised. If this is the case if we go down he'll still be getting some of that free advertising for SD he treasures so much.

Finally, if he does sell up, how would he go about it? My feeling: a gut wrenching one at that, is he will sell all of the players good enough to be wanted by another club, leaving an empty shell for the new owner. Speaking of a new owner, who would come in? I can't see anyone coming in for the club even after all of the fan outcry. My hope is some rich Arab swimming in oil over in Yemen buys us, but we know that is fantasy. So, no, I don't want relegation: it would be a disaster.

It's very simple when looked at with cold hard logic.

Chances of Ashley selling if we stay up: 0

Chances of Ashley selling if we go down: 50/50 if not immediately promoted, and only going to get higher the longer we stay down

It amazes me just how many people seem to be relying on either blind hope, or worse, seem to be settling for a Ashley run club just because we'd be in the PL.

It's very simple when looked at with cold hard logic.

Chances of Ashley selling if we stay up: 0

Chances of Ashley selling if we go down: 50/50 if not immediately promoted, and only going to get higher the longer we stay down

It amazes me just how many people seem to be relying on either blind hope, or worse, seem to be settling for a Ashley run club just because we'd be in the PL.

This is it for me.

Who would come in though? Surely Ashley's price for the club includes the 'debt' the club owes him?

You're right in a sense, but if Ashley is losing money down in the Championship he might decide to sell cheap and cut his losses.

I was just thinking I was 5 months old the first time we were relegated in my life time

11 when selling top players to build a stand, coupled with replacing them with shite had us relegated.

31 when Ashley fucked it up all by himself with 4 managers in a season.

and finally 37 during this load of wank.....

It actually beggars belief. Now I know I'm a deluded cunt when it comes to NUFC, but this club should have far far more going for it than Everton, at the very least equal of Tottenham, yet the club who's support hasn't changed at all for over 20 years, embarrassing all bar Man Utd and Arsenal really, is one game away from being relegated for the fourth time in my life time. I'm in my 30's, I'm no cripple in my 60's, I'm no misery in my 50's, I'm no whingey 5ft6 14st odd ball in my late 40's, and I have seen the club with, without doubt one of THE greatest supports in Europe potentially relegated four times. We are a cursed club. The only club to get a billionaire who is a total cunt. Europe's 10th best supported club this season. A club who are mismanaged from top to bottom, STILL making more money than every club in the world other than 18 European clubs. The GALLOWGATE. Gypsies were murdered there, and they put curses on the ground, that's the word of old, and fuck me they're working.

Even if there was an interested buyer Ashley would ask silly money I bet. Now the telly money is do big I can't see him leaving......Ever.