McClaren, Laudrup, Carvs, The tea lady?

Howay

:lol:

Beat me to it.

Also, we need an experienced gaffer to kick these fuckers into some semblance of a team.

Once that's been achieved , then we can hoy it all down the pan by giving it to a totally untried beginner. ;)

Oh, wait.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9870513/newcastle-to-talk-with-patrick-vieira-over-managerial-vacancy

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it difficult why would he come to us, he seems to have a strong personality which I feel would clash with Ashley and Co. I wouldn't say no to him, Keegan was just as inexperienced when he took over. So yeah anybody would be better than Carver, I think the sticking point would be, he'd want his own staff.

Why would him wanting his own staff be a problem. That is a norm when new Head Coaches start. Do we really need any of the dross we have?

Why would him wanting his own staff be a problem. That is a norm when new Head Coaches start. Do we really need any of the dross we have?

You've not really paid attention to us lately have you?

:lol:

Beat me to it.

Also, we need an experienced gaffer to kick these fuckers into some semblance of a team.

Once that's been achieved , then we can hoy it all down the pan by giving it to a totally untried beginner. ;)

Oh, wait.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9870513/newcastle-to-talk-with-patrick-vieira-over-managerial-vacancy

Remind me where Keegan started his managerial career?

I suppose part of the thinking here is his experience to date will be working with a team of players, the make up of which he has little/no say in, and developing them into better performers.

All of that actually makes sense for the board's philosophy.

But he's totally unproven, which worries me.

Not that my opinion is even in the same stratosphere as Lord Shithouse. But I think Viera will make a brilliant manager wherever he goes.

He's the kind of character that demands respect and generates self-belief. Viera will be the kind of manager that Roy Keane thinks Roy Keane is without the conflated ego.

Not that my opinion is even in the same stratosphere as Lord Shithouse. But I think Viera will make a brilliant manager wherever he goes.

He's the kind of character that demands respect and generates self-belief. Viera will be the kind of manager that Roy Keane thinks Roy Keane is without the conflated ego.

I think he could do it. He has the self-belief and breeds confidence.

I can't really see why he'd want to come here.

A lot of french players who he'd have immediate sway over, I reckon Sissoko is one who would respond to him very positively.

No lose situation here for a first time manager, if you succeed youve done so despite the board, if you fail (as long as you dont look as inept as carver) its the boards fault as far as the media are concerned and then you've got yourself on the managerial merry-go-round and will get a job elsewhere.

I live 10 minutes from the city ground/youth ground now.

Vieira isn't even the assistant manager, he looks after the youth team. One of the joiners at works son plays for them and Vieira has full blown childish rows with the under 18's, cant see it going well if this is true.

I'll reserve judgement until I hear from the blacksmith's bairn.

Fair enough, kid plays for England youths and has no reason to lie to his dad like

Every chance of him being another Keane. He has no managerial record to base the appointment on. It'd be a big risk.

To me Viera is the antithesis of Keane. As I said I think Keane sees himself as the kind of manager that Viera will actually be. By that I mean that I think Keane is a fake hard man. Keane always struck me as a blowhard always trying to prove his toughness.

For mine Viera is simply just a tough character. He exudes toughness and breeds confidence in those around him just by being himself. He's what Keane wishes he was and he's what Keane spent his entire career trying to prove to everyone that he could be.

I could be spectacularly wrong. But that's just my view of the guy.

Fair enough, kid plays for England youths and has no reason to lie to his dad like

I'm just being a dickhead. Don't mind me. Post more and you'll get used to it.