Other Clubs' Transfers

The Fish

We'll be right in the mix if the squad isn't significantly strengthened sharpish

Agree with this - plenty of sides around us are strengthening in quite significant ways. We could be very much in the shit if things don't improve.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CKI9vJdWwAAWHxI.jpg

"Delph you snake!", pronounced, 'Delf, yow snoike!'

Actually funny seeing those gates because the last time I saw them was with two ejected Villa fans in the 1988-89 season, looking through the gap to watch the rest of the game after I'd been chucked out the ground and frogmarched alongside the pitch to a chorus of 'naughty boy, naughty boy' from the away support. :lol:

We'll be right in the mix if the squad isn't significantly strengthened sharpish

Agree with this - plenty of sides around us are strengthening in quite significant ways. We could be very much in the shit if things don't improve.

I don't think we're going to be gunning for Europe or owt, but I'm putting our shocking season down to a combination of Pardew and Carver. Can't see McClaren coming close to equaling our worst ever top flight run of games, can you?

Reckon we'll see improved performances from Cabella, de Jong (if he can stay fit) and what not. You're right in that we're still very, very short of quality at the back and we need more strength in depth throughout the squad, but I reckon we'll not be scrapping for survival this season.

:lol: mind you I thought that in February last season too...

CKI9vJdWwAAWHxI.jpg

Actually funny seeing those gates because the last time I saw them was with two ejected Villa fans in the 1988-89 season, looking through the gap to watch the rest of the game after I'd been chucked out the ground and frogmarched alongside the pitch to a chorus of 'naughty boy, naughty boy' from the away support. :lol:

What did you do to get kicked out in the 80s?!

What did you do to get kicked out in the 80s?!

Fuck all. West Midlands police force had a reputation for being cunts, basically. Luckilly I was too young to be charged although a couple of my mates weren't so lucky a few years later in '93 and were charged for again, fuck all at the same ground/Police force.

:lol: "Delph you snake" even in their anger they are completely bland boring throbbers. I'm sure he will be devastated by that while he's warming the bench for Man City.

:lol: "Delph you snake" even in their anger they are completely bland boring throbbers. I'm sure he will be devastated by that while he's warming the bench for Man City.

:lol:

Aye, he never held back with that insult.

400125185_640.jpg

"Downt even get my started on that utter, utter snoike, Delph. Wite till hy ploys at Villar Park. Hy'll get absalowteloy hammered by the Hoilte end, he will."

CKI9vJdWwAAWHxI.jpg

The puddle in the foreground completes that picture perfectly. :lol:

That's the minimum that Villa were prepared to release him for though. Liverpool have a history of overpaying anyway. Actually, this whole scenario looks very much like the Carroll one...

That's the minimum that Villa were prepared to release him for though. Liverpool have a history of overpaying anyway. Actually, this whole scenario looks very much like the Carroll one...

I looked at the fee and thought of Andy Carroll too. Good player but 32.5 mill?!

He's been averaging a goal every other game over three seasons in England. That's a much more accomplished record than Carroll had. He may turn out to be an expensive flop but I reckon he will score a lot of goals for them.

Yeah. He's got 42 in 88 I think. I was being cheeky. Me and Dave had about a ten page argument last week about what he's worth. Davey was borderline suicidal by the end of it.