Newcastle United V Southampton

Christmas Tree

Overall feeling positive.

Anita very good. Seemed to lose our way without him.

Dmemba looks very good.

Lots of good possession but lacking a bit of end ball.

Surprised we didn't give Aaron's a go late on and try and win it.

Cracking 2nd goal from all involved.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Haidara was left isolated a lot by Obertan which didn't help, but obviously didn't play well.

Anita was good playing in his proper position. Thought Sissoko was good as well. Colback offered nowt apart from two last ditch blocks, fair play to him on them though.

Decent start and we looked a much better "footballing" side than last season, defence needs work & more signings.

CT has company for the game....

Haidara improved as the game progressed though defensively he's still got a long way to go.

Pleased with our attacking play as expected the defence needs reinforcing hopefully this will be addressed before the window closes. If we'd been a bit tighter at the back we would have had all 3 points

Seems we were set up for the counter. Next 2 away games may provide opportunities for Aarons and Showboatan to stretch their legs.

Leave me alone, I've had a strange match day :(

When I booked the tickets I was planning a 10am fry up in that cafe under the Tyne bridge, lots of alcohol and a balti pie.

Due to a mare of a cold I had a banana, a costa cappuccino and found myself looking in a charity shop for a Hemmingway.

It's like some sort of parallel universe.

Good start to not see Williamson or Gouffran anywhere near the pitch. Still need a defender with some size in the back. Shame not to see Ayoze in, think he should be tried on the wing or try 2 up top.

Pretty much what I expected before the game, promising up front but susceptible at the back.

Good to see some positive football, cracking second goal as well. Early days but Sissoko looks rejuvenated and Mbemba is quite possibly going to be a star.

Sort out the defence and this could be a pretty decent season.

Didn't see the game. Surprised to see obertan start and mitrovich on the bench. Sounds like defence is clearly still the weak link.

Think Aarons is going to be introduced slowly

Great show from the toon for 70 minutes. Anyone that denies it should ask Gemmill if they can stay in the back room. Massive massive plusses. It was a very tactical game, one in which there was only one team in it till last 20. We got the goal, then it was all them, but here we'll sort this out. So happy today.

Was out so haven't seen any of it but I'm both gratified andconcerned that he mentioned the 75 minutes in the build-up which shows he's on the ball but at the same time its his resposnsibility to ensure it wasn't a problem - using travelling to the US was a weak excuse imo.

On the positive side everyone seems to have recognised promise.