Other games 2015/16

Kid Dynamite

Foreign leagues move games to help their teams progress, we move games to make Sky happy with fuck all regard given to European performance.

Other leagues teams prioritise cup competitions as they have a chance of winning them, whereas they don't usually have a chance of winning the league (Spain, Germany and Italy are becoming monopolies). English teams prioritise finishing in the top four because of the money it brings, fucking Man Utd sat out a cup competition all together a few years back!

There is also a lack of good scouting and coaching in England with regards to necessary evils of the game that are required to do well in Europe, taking the ball to the corner, tactical fouls, even as simple as good defending and staying in games to give yourself a chance.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't really make much sense as foreign players (non-British) players are winning European titles abroad but they're not winning them here?

Imo it's the failure is okay attitude over here and the pursuit of averageness in the English game.

You've contradicted yourself there, misunderstood my post and then given weight to what I'm saying. There's more players at the top clubs in England than any of the other major leagues that are more than happy to pick up a big wage without the drive and the passion to win anything.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

Everyone ignoring this when it's entirely accurate that Dr Fuentes is bombing around Spain with a suitcase full of performance enhancers like a drug dispensing Paddington Bear

Look at LOLerpool. Sakho testing positive for a drug, the fucking nonces on BBC saying its 'not a performance enhancing drug' it was a fat burner, i.e a diuretic, which if used in cycling and boxing is used to mask other drugs. Yet the cluess cunts on Radio5 dont see that connection in Football. Origi at Liverpool saying he has put 5kg of lean muscle on in a short period. Fuck me, he must run on avg of 10km a game, yet can put on 5kg of lean muscle without doping, fuck off.

Leicester have a doctor working for them who helped Team Mapei dope during their successful years. Its fucking rife in our own country let alone the rest of Europe.

Didn't Kolo Toure get clipped for using a 'fat burner' too at Liverpool? Funny that the pundits aren't bothering to remark on that similarity.

I think football is in the dark ages a bit when it comes to acknowledging that there is PED use, I've even heard people say things like "well it's not like you need to be built like a bodybuilder to play footy is it?" as a shit argument for why it can't be happening they obviously get flustered when you bring up how rife it is in other aerobic sports like cycling. Agreed that the Origi claims seem suspect as well.

Even still, Spain is killing it currently. There's a common perception that there are only two strong teams in Spain with a huge gulf, Atletico are singularly breaking that perception but even going beyond them there's a lot more depth in la liga than many realise. They're a lot more economical with their spending, the English league is I think at its weakest point in a long long time which is made even worse by the average wage bills which are the highest of all the leagues.

Some good points but it is still ranked number 2 in Europe. I've watched the Australia League a few times, I guarantee now if Northampton Town (champions of England's 4th tier) were in it, they'd win it by 25 points.

Some good points but it is still ranked number 2 in Europe. I've watched the Australia League a few times, I guarantee now if Northampton Town (champions of England's 4th tier) were in it, they'd win it by 25 points.

I'd never make a case for the Australian league teams regularly competing with even the top sides in the championship, beyond that though we're splitting hairs I'd say.

The Premier League should be looking to Spain and Germany and working at the grass roots level to improve their home grown players. Years of bringing in foreign talent has boosted the global poularity of the league and has brought about big money. Sadly that in combination with money hungry agents has resulted in teams with more than their share of mercenaries denying the opportunities for local players. I don't know how that can be turned around in a hurry but I really hope it can be.

Fair enough mate. Why would you want the "pomms" to win though? I cheered every goal when the Krauts beat you 4-0 in the last World Cup.

Fair enough mate. Why would you want the "pomms" to win though? I cheered every goal when the Krauts beat you 4-0 in the last World Cup.

I want the premier league to improve in quality. A by product of that will be a better international side. I've got an attachment to the English game though Newcastle.

I was at that 4-0 game. What a tactical disaster.

Norwich have got Everton and Watford left though, so thankfully we have got that cushion. They could still pick up some points in their final two. We have to beat villa