Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

Aye Mourinho is a complete prick tbh, he got away with it first time round with a lot of people because he was coming in off the back of the CL with Porto so he was the exciting foreign coach but he's just an obnoxious arrogant prick. A lot of the shite he comes out with nowadays is just disrepectful, I can't remember the player it was but I think it was some West Brom player and he went around yelling about how he was a mickey mouse player, it's just needless and pathetic from a supposed professional.

As for Ferguson's world class comments I think he's just desperate to get sound bites for his book, didn't he rip into Keane last time? and everyone at the time saw the comments as ridiculous given Keane's major role in some of his best teams. Either that or he has been hammering the whiskey even more since retirement.

Beckham?

Haven't read the book but caught a bit on the Beeb's site, which is fucking ridiculous given his relationship with the BBC, but the gist was lots of great players including the likes of Beckham but only those four mentioned 'rose about that level' or words to that effect. Schmeichel was undoubtedly world class though. Probably one of the top two or three goalkeepers of all time.

No but demoting a doctor for doing her job is. He should be clever enough to say nothing in the heat of the moment, though then again he is probably too arrogant to think that anything he is saying is wrong.

Edit: And maybe if he told his players to stop going down like a sack of shite every time they're touched then the doctor may be able to distinguish between real injuries and those designed to waste time.

. Spot on but they are not as bad as Arsenal for going down and let's not forget those cheating makem bastards.when Arsenal are under pressure they regularly go down to stop the attack/game.

. Spot on but they are not as bad as Arsenal for going down and let's not forget those cheating makem bastards.when Arsenal are under pressure they regularly go down to stop the attack/game.

No chance we'd forget them while you're around, essembee. :good:

Carneiro is bound by the Hippocratic Oath, she's employed to treat the players, not do what the manager tells her to. The club hasn't got a leg to stand on if this goes to court which is why they will be paying her a fortune in an out of court settlement

Carneiro is bound by the Hippocratic Oath, she's employed to treat the players, not do what the manager tells her to. The club hasn't got a leg to stand on if this goes to court which is why they will be paying her a fortune in an out of court settlement

Aye, that's exactly what'll happen. Small change to them though and Mourinho will still go round letting everyone know he was right without incurring any financial loss himself. She's been treated very shoddily in all this by a wanker and a bully

This has crossed my mind more than once lately....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11891430/The-north-is-being-cut-adrift-in-English-football-and-I-fear-the-damage-may-be-permanent.html

He's talking about a few different things here but I think the chief one is wages. There again if Boro were still in the premier league and willing to pay absolutely top wages (as Gibson did in the 90s) could they still attract the likes of Ravanelli and Juninho?...Leeds were different, as were we, because we and they borrowed all the loot used to finance a few years of top quality football. Complaining about lack of atmosphere at the likes of Turf Moor though is more to do with the decline in atmosphere across the board due to stadiums being all seater, regardless of the noise a few twats with a drum can create at Selhurst Park.

It is, but I don't know if I agree with it. We manage to bring in actually quite decent players, it's just that we don't coach them properly. It's not like we're fielding a side full of the same kinds of cloggers as Sunderland.

Also, if you compare the northern teams with the southern ones it's about equal.

City, Man Utd and Liverpool all more or less cancel out Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs.

Everton and Newcastle (if we get our shit together, this is where we really should be) on paper are more or less counter balancing Southampton and Swansea.

Sure you've then got Palace and West Ham but for me they're both still 'flash in the pan' kind of teams, it remains to be seen if they can keep it up over a longer period.

I don't think much has changed really except that we're having a shit period despite the relative quality of our squad, and that WHam and Palace are going through decent patches in our absence.

Is the 17th minute applause ever going to stop? It seems we stopped it during the first 5 games but it's starting again. What happened to the 2 lads was tragic, don't get me wrong, but in my opinion, they've been remembered. Can we just move on now? It seems like the fans will turn a bit like into Liverpool.

It's Britain when it suits them I notice. They should stay true to their proud independent Scottish roots and stay in their own crappy league.

Sticking to their roots would mean playing in Ireland.

• Guest locked this topic