Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

:lol:

Would be similar if the mackems ever hit the Arab money jackpot. Superstars on the pitch and dugout, half time heroes..... Paul Hardyman, Reuben Agboola, Shaun Cunnington etc.

:lol: :lol:

Aye it's canny funny, shame it means Man City are really good now but it's funny to see shit players like Goater act like they were top players. Similar to Pardew and his continental specs during the good times, "FA cup final manager lads all fanks to me... the nosedive in form since Xmas was your lots fault though".

Best thing about Paolo Wanchope was his appearance in the 'Things you might find on a barbecue' round on A Question of Sport.

Best thing about Paolo Wanchope was his appearance in the 'Things you might find on a barbecue' round on A Question of Sport.

:lol:

Didn't he lose a job for fighting as well?

An appraisal of the Lion of Gosforth from F365.... I've abused him in the past for him thinking he was bigger than the club, and I do partly stand by that, but when you see all the stats in this piece laid out, he was a fuckin phenomenal footballer..

http://www.football365.com/news/portrait-of-an-icon-alan-shearer

Edited by PaddockLad

An appraisal of the Lion of Gosforth from F365.... I've abused him in the past for him thinking he was bigger than the club, and I do partly stand by that, but when you see all the stats in this piece laid out, he was a fuckin phenomenal footballer..

Having read that I think even I perhaps under rate or under appreciate how good he was.

Yeah, I would go along with that. I've seen that Harry Kane comparison stat before and it's astonishing when it's put in those terms. Shame that injury at Everton meant we only saw the real Shearer for one full season but I suppose that makes his record after that even more remarkable. Think the last two seasons when the club was all about his getting the goalscoring record after we'd been genuine contenders for a few years preceding that is what leaves a bit of a bitter taste in the mouth.

You fucking hypocrite.

;)

• Guest locked this topic