Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

Good signing for them. Won't be PL top scorer or lead them to the PL trophy but will be very good for them.

Aye despite his age he had an absolutely ridiculous goal scoring season last season, he'll be a very good focal point in their attack to have Martial and whoever else playing off him.

Zlatan is 34 and he's been playing in a side that would have a run at the top 4 here in a complete powder puff league over there. I don't think he's that great of a signing.

Edited by toonotl

Yeah. It's impressive for sure. Can't argue with that. He's done incredibly well regardless of the standard of competition. At 34 though he's likely to deteriorate quickly, especially in a league that isn't the footballing equivalent of a retirement village. I don't think he'll reach double figures next season. I'm basing my prediction on nothing but gut, I'm like a half-powered CT.

Yeah. It's impressive for sure. Can't argue with that. He's done incredibly well regardless of the standard of competition. At 34 though he's likely to deteriorate quickly, especially in a league that isn't the footballing equivalent of a retirement village. I don't think he'll reach double figures next season. I'm basing my prediction on nothing but gut, I'm like a half-powered CT.

:lol: :lol:

It's definitely a risk in that how will he hold up in a physically demanding league but I think he'll do well for them especially since he's a free (although no doubt on exorbitant wages). One thing Mourinho is very good at is getting a lot out of aging players so I wouldn't be that surprised to see him get a canny few goals in his 1st season there at least.

Rumours now that PSG are offering the 20m or so required to trigger N'golo Kante's release clause, if that happens Mahrez surely wont be there much longer either.

Rumours now that PSG are offering the 20m or so required to trigger N'golo Kante's release clause, if that happens Mahrez surely wont be there much longer either.

Arsenal allegedly looking at Arsenal with Vardy

Unlucky Leicester :lol: you clappy bastards

Arsenal allegedly looking at Arsenal with Vardy

Unlucky Leicester :lol: you clappy bastards

Well, I guess it's past the yardarm somewhere...

:unsure:

I wouldn't spend £20m+ on Vardy, or however much they'll demand for Mahrez. Arsenal's problems aren't up front, it is (as it has been for years under Wenger) the defence and central midfield area that's the problem.

A busy grafting striker who can finish is a good thing to have, but Giroud, Sanchez, Ozil et al can score enough goals to get them attacking the league, a solid centre would mean they wouldn't wilt after Christmas though.

Maybe so but in terms of purchases made in recent history they're exactly what Wenger is likely to buy.

Agree that Mahrez is, but not sure Vardy is a typical Wenger purchase.

• Guest locked this topic