Swansea City V NUFC / 3PM KO

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can sign all the new players you like but as long as McLaren keeps playing Colo, Obertan, Cisse, Haidara and a lightweight midfield we will get nowhere.

If we signed all the new players I'd like, I'm pretty sure McLaren wouldn't play the players you mentioned.

Mirror reporting we are signing Thauvin this week.

Don't even know where to begin to address yesterday's inadequacies?

-We clearly aren't signing Austin as last seasons best player (Perez) and our new £13mil striker are already warming the bench.

-Can't see us signing another CB as Williamson and Lascelles couldn't even get in the match day squad last week and Dummet can play there if needed

-Can't see us buying another CM as we have Gini, Sissoko, Anita, Tiote, Colback, De Jong.

-Buying another winger seems pointless if McLaren insists on playing 4231, especially with Cisse up front. We already have Marveaux and Gouffran not getting a game, and whilst I know they are shite we have to be realistic and understand Ashley isn't going to add to 4,5,6 players in the same position, leaving lads on £30-40kpw playing in the u21s. Never mind £12mil Cabella who seems to have been written off already. Thauvin sounds like a more arsey version of Cabella anyway

We are paying the cost of buying cheap shit from abroad for the last 5 years. I'd be tempted to give some of the fringe players a free transfer just to get them off the wage bill and fee up squad places. Aarons, Perez and Mitrovic should be forming the basis of our team. Look at Barkley at Everton and Kane at Spurs, Bertrand and Clyne last year at Southampton.

Left Back should be a priority for me. As would shifting Williamson and Taylor to allow us to buy another quality CB. Bit disappointed we've signed Colo up for another year as he's looked dodgy for a while now. He should be the elder statesman in the team, playing now and again, not 45 games a year.

The team could do with a shuffle for next week

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

Thauvin seems unlikely to me esp at 12 mill. I agree with SEW that we will surely need to shift some dead wood before we buy again. I suspect the problem is either nobody wants them or they don't want to leave.

Janmaat was hurt stupid no excuses. Rest of the team lost heart especially after the red. LB needs to be upgraded and possibly a DM. If we could buy thauvin the Portuguese LB and a quality CB I would be 100% satisfied.

Krul

Janmaat new cb mbemba new Lb

Colback Sissoko

Thauvin windj Aarons

Mitrovic

This team could have beat Swansea alas it mite only be a dream lol

It's imperative McClaren sorts this out pretty sharpish next up in the Premiership we have...

Man Utd

Arsenal

West Ham

Watford

Chelsea

Man City

By the time we get to Man City we could be in a lot of trouble

We are completely and utterly wank. From back to front that was as bad as any performance last season. Even our passing was abysmal, Obertan was our only threat. Completely disgusted from back to front. The toon fans down there should have their ticket and travel expenses paid by a mob where the one with the worst wage will collect 20k a week. Janmaat is an idiot.

I'd ship most of the defence out. Get rid of Williamson and Taylor who haven't been good enough for years. Loan out lascelles, have Dummett back up Centre back and get another one in, as well as another LB.

I agree

It was totally awful and not much better than last season (although we probably would have conceeded three or four last season so there's a bit of progress) but there's no need to panic yet. There are clearly things that need addressing though. Some of them can easily be done with the current squad. Cisse has never been the type of striker who will be able to hold the ball up on his own up top. There's no way he should be playing the lone role especially away from home. But I assume his goal last week and the knock that Mitro had picked up before the last game meant that he was given another oppertunity from McClaren. I think Mitro will start next week. Away from home our middle looked a bit weak but a fit and functioning Tiote could remedy this. Judging from last week he's probably still a couple of weeks away from full fitness. Clearly our defending still isn't up to scratch but more work on the training ground can help that.

That said, Colo looks shot at the minute and I'm getting more and more concerned about him. I know he missed pre season but he's looked poor a long time now. His new contract means it's unlikely he's going to be replaced any time soon though. I don't think Haidara is good enough either, a new leftback is essential for me. As is a winger, the two players we currently have playing wide are two of the most gutless wanks that it's been my misfortune to see in a Newcastle shirt. Sissoko only plays when he fancies it and Obertan is just generally hopeless. I'd definiely like to see Aarons given a go as well as bringing someone else in.

I saw these against Chelsea last week and thought they were unlucky not to win so it's no surprise we lost. Desperately need another two or three bodies in before the window shuts or it's going to be another season of struggle.