Man Utd V Newcastle United //12.45 KO

Anorthernsoul

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/21/manchester-united-newcastle-united-match-preview

The superstitious amongst us might say I'm unlucky with a match thread, but as no-one bothers these days I will continue to do it.

Predictions lads? At this minute I will take a point without question.

• Thauvin wants a start, he'll be on the bench.
  • Mitrovic should start.
  • We should play 4-4-2, we won't.
  • We should just go all out for the first goal, we will sit back and concede within the first 20 minutes.
  • Then struggle after that.
  • God help us

Anything I've missed?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a firm believer in starting at the back as a basis for building a team. I find it outrageous that we have only bought one centre half to address that god awful defence we have. Just my opinion of course. Ginger Knob Head

Purely based on what I've seen in the first two matches and I admit I haven't seen how Man U have been but I expect annihilation

Man Utd have been poor, relatively speaking but watch us kickstart their season...

You're all severely overestimating Man Utd IMO. Famous last words and that but both their games have been live this season and they looked poor in both of them. One was a knackered Tottenham team and the other was a shit Villa side. If we turn up with a bit of positivity, we could get something out of this. I'd be tempted to put Thauvin and Mitrovic on from the start and catch them off guard ala Jonas' debut.

You're all severely overestimating Man Utd IMO. Famous last words and that but both their games have been live this season and they looked poor in both of them. One was a knackered Tottenham team and the other was a shit Villa side. If we turn up with a bit of positivity, we could get something out of this. I'd be tempted to put Thauvin and Mitrovic on from the start and catch them off guard ala Jonas' debut.

Our defending (I use the term loosely) has been almost non existent in our 2 opening games I'm not expecting any difference tomorrow .

This, I still think we'll lose but I don't think it'll be a kicking.

Man Utd have looked shite so far this season yet they've continued to win. Will take a while for all their signings to gel and I'm hoping for a 1-1 but I'm certain I'll be calling them lucky bastards after a 1-0 defeat.

Hoping to see a good showing from the new lads Mitrovic (starting), Wijnaldum, Mbemba and Thauvin. I'd be starting Thauvin as he's match fit and there's little to lose in a fixture such as this. I'd expect we'll have a very good idea of what Mbemba is capable of after this.

I just hope that McClaren at least attempts to play to our strengths here rather than trying to nullify theirs. Clearly defense is not what we're best at at the minute so hoping to get something from the match on the strength of our defensive fortitude is misguided.

Manchester United are nowt special. Spurs should've gotten at least a draw against them, and the Aston Villa game was one of the worst games I've ever watched in my life. Depay is being hyped because of a brace against Club Brugge: an average side that we played against not long ago in the Europa League if I remember correctly. Still think we'll get beat 3-1 though.