Man Utd V Newcastle United //12.45 KO

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think Anita is injured, Mitrovic is unlikely to start though due to being chronically unfit iyam.

Draw at best, Rooney hasn't scored in 8 games so likely to add to the 11 he's scored against us in his career so far :glare:

It's early days but from what I've seen of them so far they've looked very much like they can be got at and Spurs and Bruges got behind them a few times. Unfortunately our defence will be a gift for them and I fully expect us to be perfect guests and their players to grow in confidence as the game/goals go in. This will be an opportunity missed to get at them as we're too weak in areas we've been weak in for a few seasons and the square root of fuck all has been done about it yet again.

Obertan was reasonable in the first game, and from what I have read was one of our better players against Southampton (I thankfully slept through most of that one) so it's fair that he's in there again. I don't mind the team given who we have to choose from. Taylor will be comfortably 5kg overweight and likely blowing out his arse after 5-10 minutes but what other options does McClaren have? I would have liked to see Thauvin out there starting.

Scweiny and Scneidy vs Anita and Colback man. Given the way Swansea were controlling the game against us, even before the sending off, you'd have thought putting somebody with a bit of presence in midfield would have been a priority. Disappointed in McClaren so far, and annoyed with him today.