Bournemouth V Newcastle // Premier League // Saturday 7th November // 12:45 // Dean Court

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grow some balls man, that's football.

Do you really think other fans have empathy with our situation? Far from it.

So? Other fans can go screw themselves for all I care. Always like to see a team try and play proper football.

Not that I'd hand them the three points mind, we needed them and Elliot and the defense got stuck in to get them. But I dont see anything wrong in acknowledging that the other guys played better, much as Steve did yesterday.

I'm glad we won. We were due a win after playing well in the last couple of games and having nothing to show for it.

Dummett is absolutely rubbish. The number of times he just gives possession away is embarrassing for a professional footballer.

This central midfield pairing is the worst I've seen as a Toon supporter since the Fat Sham days of Alan Smith, Geremi and Butt in midfield. For me, we need to buy a quality deep lying playmaker before a defender or winger.

Edited by IndianMag

We've got 2 central midfielders in Sissoko and GIni that can play there. Anita needs to be shelved along with Dummett.

I don't think we can say that about Sissoko tbh, he's aplyed wide right for us more often than any other position and thats where he plays for france too.

We won't see him in the middle this season in the lead up to the euros.

Wijnaldum I agree on but he's another different type to the ones we need, hes not the enforcer or the playmaker, hes the box to box.

Important 3 points but poor performance. Need to improve significantly to have a decent season. Don't know what would have happened if Bournemouth could have played their strongest eleven.

Edited by matthew84
Jog on

You can shout on about Bournemouth missing players and they might have scored more if Wilson was playing but the fact was, he was injured and he didn't play. Try enjoying a victory ffs. There were still positives!

What positives did you get from that? Apart from a magical performance from Jelliot?

Edited by Holden McGroin

What positives did you get from that? Apart from a magical performance from Jelliot?

3 points despite mostly playing poorly, good performances from Elliot, Colo (desperately in need of more of these) and Mbemba.

Out of the relegation zone for the first time this season.

Clean sheet, away win, Mbemba, the goal was from excellent build up, monkey off our backs, out of the bottom 3, a win when none around us did the same, no injuries, Blobby Jelliott performed brilliantly which will do his confidence a world of good.